Philips Avent Bottle Warmer - SO FRUSTRATED!!

crystal_rose

Does anyone else use the Philips Avent brand bottle warmer?This bottle warmer is advertised as the FASTEST, being able to heat a 5 oz bottle in 3 minutes. My arse it can. I got one as a gift - it worked for about 2 weeks, then I returned it and got another one, and it it worked for about 2 days.

Both seemed to work well at first, but then quickly stopped heating as efficiently. In both cases, I've had to bump it up to setting 9 for a 5oz. bottle and leaving it in for +10 minutes.

I'm so beyond frustrated! Any clue as to what is going on here? Is it a bad batch? Or is their product just total crap? Either way, it's beyond frustrating.

Appreciate any insight and BUYER BEWARE!

@abosie I used the microwave this morning. You know what? It was stress free and I got it to the perfect temp in about 1 minute.

I'm starting to think that this whole "no microwave" thing was invented by the baby product industry. If you stir it at regular intervals and monitor the temp, what's the issue?

@crystal_rose I wonder if it has to do with the plastics used? Microwaves are inconsistent in the areas they heat so part by the plastic could get hot enough to cause some microscopic plastic particles to come off and into the milk? Same thing why plastic cooking utensils are not recommended for over heat.

Back