One month at home: Top 10 Baby Items

@jagadish Depends on which size range you're in. If you haven't already head to r/ABraThatFits for reccomendations in your size range. I'm still pregnant and bought nursing bras to wear during pregnancy cause wirefree is a challenge to find in my size. I went with the nursing ones because if they still fit okay when my milk comes in great, if not, the nursing clips don't bother me at all.

@rajalawrence Same here, I had to get new bras cause I've gone up 4 cup sizes and probably 2 band sizes now. Even with extenders, my old bras had no chance. I'm still only 27 weeks now, so we'll see how it goes, but all the new bras I've bought are nursing bras with lots of extra hooks, and also got a cup size bigger than I need to try to prepare for them still getting bigger... If they don't fit later, I need more, but I needed new ones anyway. And hopefully even if they don't fit right away, they might fit again somewhere down the road...

@rajalawrence Here's a sneak peek of /r/ABraThatFits using the top posts of the year!

#1: [Fun and Games] ...And then I just take them out of the washing pile anyway and re-wear them | 57 comments

#2: Can we get some blacksmiths over to VS? | 26 comments

#3: [Fun and Games] Always try to be secret happy! | 14 comments

[sup][sup]I'm[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]a[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]bot,[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]beep[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]boop[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Downvote[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]to[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]remove[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Contact[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]me[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Info[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Opt-out[/sup][/sup]

@jagadish I bought new bras twice. One pair at about 6 months and it was worth every penny! All my bras were too small or uncomfortable at that point. With all the other little discomforts that come along with pregnancy, at least having a nice bra made me feel better. Towards the end it was a little snug, but as I lost the baby weight a few weeks post partum it fit again.

I bought a sports bra style and a second nursing bra at 8.5 months. Those fit until I stopped nursing.

In conclusion, TREAT YOURSELF TO THE UNDIES. It's worth it.

@jagadish Don’t skimp here. I went from a 34B to a 36GodKnowsWhatButICouldntFitinDDD. I bought bras twice as well and the wrong bras are so needlessly uncomfortable. The soft nursing bras were really nice during nursing because nipples get very sore. If you end up nursing for a long time you will want good bras. I shrank right down after birth—my pregnancy bras wouldn’t have worked.

@sweettbaby6 Oh no! I started at a 32DD, now I'm looking at a 32 DDD, and I'm terrified to see how big they get. I've always hated having a larger chest, and this might be the worst part about pregnancy so far for me.

I usually buy really nice bras (like $65 to $80 range), but it might be worth it to go a little cheaper and get some that fit untl I am ready for nursing bras. Thanks for the advice!

@bpdavid My husband found out he didn’t like it either! It depends on the person and the pregnancy. Mine are mere DDD this time. They were at least three sizes bigger last time.

@jagadish I got most of mine from a Motherhood Maternity outlet and I’m still using them two years later (just got pregnant again and in the first trimester sore boob phase). I also got some off amazon. I can dig up a link if you want.

I use it on the “other” boob. It provides gentle suction and captures letdown. In the beginning, I used it to have an emergency bottle on hand when I went to drs appointments by myself. Just started using it 2-3xs per day, every day, while nursing to get a get a few ounces for my husband to feed at night. Works really well for me and is easy to clean.

@crystalriver1 We got a Rock N Play when our baby WOULD.NOT.SLEEP. anywhere else. Total lifesaver. She used it until ~4 months when we transitioned to a flat surface. I have read and understand the safe sleep standards but WE felt safer using one rather than bed sharing (impossible for us to do safely) or sitting with her in our arms in a chair. Our Pediatrician knew and fully supported us using the RnP. For anyone worried, run it by your Ped. You might be surprised.

I bought 2 new regular bras when my boobs got bigger in the 2nd trimester, and then a HOFISH 5-pack on Amazon around 36 weeks. They’re fine, nothing amazing but effective. The Medela sleep bras at Target are really soft, but ran small so I sent them back and bought something cheap on Amazon that’s just ok. Need to buy more Medela ones.

@crystalriver1 And for gods sake!!!! Keep a bassinet in your room!!!!! Even if the nursery is down the hall, next door to your room, or on a different floor... having to walk less than 10 feet to a crying baby at 1, 2, 4, 6, and every 10 minutes in between is WAY easier. Because let's face it... the baby will cry as soon as you put them down in their crib or bassinet sometimes, or as soon as you walk away and get back into bed. Same-room items are a lifesaver!

Also, put a heating pad under the baby's mattress or blanket to warm it up before you set them down to sleep. That way it's warm for them during the cold months. Just don't forget to remove the pad.

@crystalriver1 I'm not at all judging you for using the rock n play and this is your baby of course but candokiddo.com has a few articles on baby holding devices like the rock n play and how they can impact your baby's development (with improper use)!

@crystalriver1 We actually find that buying lots of baby items which are only utilized for such a short time is a crazy expenditure. SO we decided to take this problem to the next level and we want to build a community where parents can share (lend) various items! If you are interested, please give us a visit at lentnables.com :)