On/off spotting/Bleeding post Mirena

marafernandez

Q re Spotting/bleeding since insertion (6+ months)

I had Mirena inserted in July 2023 to stop massive bleeding that i'd had for several months prior (D&C helped for less than a month and progesteron pill didnt help much... the massive haemorrhaging stopped immediately post insertion but ever since i've had intermittent spotting and some months i have a "period" followed by a few days of nothing the spotting and a "period" again.... no clots or cramps or anything... For comparison: now i change pads out of hygenic reason every few hours but could probably use the same light one for 24hrs and it wouldn't be full.

Does anyone know if this is "normal" or something that "happens" 7 months in.... I have a checkup ultrasound next week and an appt w the gyno end of March.

Thanks a lot.

This community is amazing to have ... the collective knowledge is really appreciated.

@marafernandez This is so normal! Your body is gonna take about a year to fully regulate your bleeding, i still sometimes spot after 2 years.I even bled for about a month after getting mine, but it will regulate eventually. Nothing to worry about your body is just getting used to it still!

Back