Not eating, sleep/naps bad = 6 mo growth spurt?

prophoss

My almost 6 month old used to have 8 oz/4times and now he’ll drink anywhere from 4 to 5 and then really fighting him to have one more ounce if I’m lucky. I tried changing nipple flows, bottles, and environment with less distractions . Is this growth spurt or something else?

@prophoss Maybe space the bottles a bit more. This has happened to me several times now. Usually is one the following: new nipples, upgrade nipple size, environment is too distracting or she is taking longer to feel hunger again. I try to change bottles once, it was worse for us.

@prophoss Have you read “your baby’s bottle feeding aversion” someone in this group recommended it to me. You don’t need to read the whole thing if you don’t have the time, the last chapter is all you need

@newblizzard The chapter is quite extensive and has many details. But here are a few excerpts.

“GOLDEN FEEDING RULES
1 No pressure to feed.
2 No sleep-feeding.
3 Bottle-feeds only.
4 Follow baby’s lead”

“So when to offer baby feeds? It needs to be a
semi-demand pattern – a balance between cue-based and time-based feeding – suitable for your baby”

Always seek permission, meaning baby opens its mouth

Sleep feed once, only if baby drinks less than 14 oz a day. Feed them twice at night if they drink less than 10oz.

Back