No clue what to get toddler for Christmas

@maddmace Thank you so much for this comment. I have a friend with some kids a couple years older than my daughter. My timeline for when their imagination milestones happened is skewed. This comment even more reminded me about the explosion in her brain that will happen soon. Gifts for the upcoming summer would be perfect for that timing. Thank youuuuu

@kievonn Helpful tip for stockings, some of the leftover Halloween candy is a great filler, as well as a new toothbrush and some fruit. Practical presents aren't always thought of as fun, but a little extra thought goes a long way. Toothpaste in little's favorite flavor and a brush in their favorite color is surprisingly exciting at 3.

@kievonn My daughter turned 3 in April and the $15 grocery store slab cake that had her name on it was the highlight of her day, hands down. They’re so pure at this age I just want to bottle it up.

@kievonn The expensive things have smaller sets that might be good recommendations for others if they insist on nonexperience gifts. I always put a disclaimer that used items are welcomed when people insist on a gift list.

@maddmace Look and see if there’s a mom resale Facebook group. There’s one near me and I can get some GEMS for very cheap. We got a play kitchen in like new condition for $20

@kievonn My 2.5 year old loves search and find books, she's getting the Christmas Bluey one for Christmas. And she loves doing puzzles, I've also ordered her one of those tangram puzzle toys to see how she goes. Maybe a Mr potato head. Or kids bingo.

@kievonn I'd go puzzles in your shoes. Things like the whole alphabet, numbers to 20, more difficult things she'll be challenged by and grow into.

This year we're going with a play kitchen and a little armchair for the living room. A lot of extended family liked the idea of accessories for the kitchen. I know there's a running sink, a dish set, a food set, and a mini appliance set coming which I think will be fun for her to open her new little kitchen and then later in the day get stuff for it.

@kievonn They’re obsessed with Mickey Mouse so a lot of random MM stuff - lots of it from the dollar store. Think stickers, coloring books, etc. I found some Mickey Mouse slippers and socks at target.

@kievonn I made an Amazon wishlist I can share with family!

Some of mine include;
New scooter (just got for his bday last week)
New helmet (big head)
Fort building kit for cardboard boxes

Bath toys that are STEM with suction cups- you make water flow from the top and make the path etc. (Like a marble run)

Hot wheels tracks and toy trucks etc.

New backpack.

New clothes in proper sizes for upcoming season etc.

Sensory toys including indoor climbers, swing/rope, balance discs

@kievonn Warning. Once you get started with a hot wheels track, it will grow and grow and grow because all the pieces can work together. My brother had like 200 pieces from various sets and would make the track go ALL around the house. But, it was a blast for him every single time. Something he played with for years and it was always a good buy for family if they didn't know what to get him. They sell "track packs" that are like storage/organization and my fav are the ones that tuck under beds.

We plan on starting with our first this year for our 3 year old as well!

@wmreschke Oh that just makes the idea more attractive to me!! I’m the mom that went and bought more duplos because I needed more to make bigger stuff, not because she asked for more or anything 😂 fun toys are fun!!

@kievonn My boy just turned 4 and is obsessed with ice cream trucks so I think I'm gonna add a small matchbox size ice cream truck and one of those small kits where you can make cones with different flavors