New here, new mom

@clary Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing this. Currently pregnant with my second and at 17w, it was discovered that there is/was 0 anmiotic fluid remaining. Although my situation is a bit different than yours, we were told that our daughter would not survive and somehow her heart is still beating. We are praying for the best outcome. Going on 5 weeks without any fluid remaining but your story proves that miracles do happen

@kentzurita1 Let me start out by saying I'm so very sorry that this is happening to you right now. But you're right, miracles do happen. When there's a heartbeat, there's hope, and you are five weeks post so that's incredible! My son just turned five last month, and he's a healthy and happy little boy. The PPROM and brain bleed at birth left him with asthma and autism, and I suspect his four month NICU stay and eight months on oxygen exasperated some of that. But he lives a pretty normal life regardless, which is something the doctors told us would be impossible if he even made it to viability.

I also want to let you know that it won't be easy, no matter the outcome. If I could go back in time I would tell my past self to brace herself, because it was pretty rough. There are groups of expecting mothers who've dealt with this situation, even if it's a rare occurrence (yours sounds similar to PPROM so I'm sure you can join them). Definitely have some kind of support system.

If you need to, you can message me to talk or ask questions. I understand what you're going through and have been through it, and I'm happy to answer questions, too. I'm really glad my story brings you hope. Thank you for commenting and telling me yours.

Hugs!

Back