Need help understanding

xteaspoon

Been trying for a baby for just over a year and is my second SA test. I am 29m and partner is 26f. Regular exercise and try to minimise processed foods. I know my morphology is low but doctor said my sperm count was good. Any advice will be appreciated.

Semen volume 5.2 mL
Semen pH level 8.0
Percentage rapid progressive sperm 18 % Percent slow progressive sperm 29 % Percent non-progressive sperm 10 % Percentage non-motile sperm 43 % CONCENTRATION 66.9 106/mL
Total sperm count 345.1 x10[sup]6[/sup] MORPHOLOGY (% NORMAL) 2%
ROUND CELLS 3 10
6/mL
Semen appearance Normal
COLLECTION TIME 1103
ANDROLOGY REFERENCE RANGES Please
see comment.; WHO 2010 reference
values:
Semen volume =/>1.5ml
(given volume is calculated from sample weight)
Semen pH 7.2 - 8.0
Progressive motility (Rapid A + Slow B) =/>32%
Total motility =/>40%
Sperm concentration =/>15 million/ml Total sperm count =/>39 million per ejaculate
Normal forms =/>4%
Vitality (when assessed) =/>58% live
Motility, count, morphology =/

@xteaspoon Looks good. Morphology might be impacted by the long abstinence before. 6 days is really too long. Morphology isn't worrying on its own though, it's a percentage and the numbers make more than up for it

@xteaspoon That’s great that you’ve had a SA, but has your partner had any tests (transvaginal ultrasound, HSG, hyst, genetic carrier screening, AMH, etc)? Does she ovulate regularly? You are only 1 piece to the puzzle.

@xteaspoon Your doctors advice is correct. Low morphology is the one parameter that doesn't really affect your chances of natural conception if everything else is good. You can read more about it here. However if you have already been trying to conceive for 12 to 24 months, it is definitely worth getting a more thorough check up (for genetic low morphology, varicoceles, sperm DNA fragmentation) assuming they find no potential female causes of infertility. Hope that helps! 😇

@xteaspoon You need to get your morphology up if possible. Have you researched how to improve morphology and overall sperm health? Follow recommended guidance for 3-6 months and your results should drastically improve.

Back