NB vs 0-3 clothing size

niederwaldflash

Hi y’all, a very generous friend gave us a big box of hand-me-down clothes for our first baby (due in September), and it’s a mix of 0-3m and 3-6m

My question is, will we also need NB clothing? And if so, how many items of each type?

Relevant info: due in early September, in TX!

@stephaniel988 Same! We thought he’d be closer to 9lbs so didn’t have many newborn outfits but he was born closer to 7.5lbs and then lost weight so we were in NB for about a month.

I would honestly only buy zip up footed pjs. Better still the ones with two zips so one zips up from the foot and if doesn’t have to come all the way off. Even if you’re in TX your house will probably be cooler. Snaps at 3 am with a tiny baby are so annoying and we never put him in anything but pjs until about 6 weeks because they’re so convenient!

@shanaynay Yes! Only buy the footed pajamas because when they’re new they really only sleep and eat anyway. I had a bunch of newborn outfits given to me that I hardly ever used but all the footie pjs we used in a constant rotation for the first month or so until they really were too small. Also get the zipper ones not snaps so much more convenient

@stephaniel988 Same! And 2 weeks doesn’t sound long, but they go through lots of clothes. Def get a good amount of sleepers as you won’t be up for tons of laundry lol we hit a local old navy outlet when we realized we needed more. They have great cheap sleepers!

@niederwaldflash Really depends on size at birth. 0-3 is a little bigger than newborn. When our son was born it was big enough difference that we had to go out and by newborn. You should know when you get closer to the due date their size.

@niederwaldflash Think about what the temperature will be. Just had our baby and he is naked in a diaper in a swaddle the majority of the time. We have 3 sleepers and 2 onesies in newborn for when we leave the house.

Back