My mom found my belly piercing

jennifer2901

I’m a 20 F, I got my belly piercing done in march for my 20th birthday. It’s been 10 months. I am from a very strict Arab Muslim household. My mom found my belly piercing today and she totally lost it. I’ve been wanting to tell her but this year has just been very chaotic and family drama and I’ve been in a good place with her for the past 4 months n I didn’t wanna ruin it.
Parents out there how can I reason with her? Like how do I get her listen to me?

@jennifer2901 "I'm sorry I didn't share this with you, but your reaction is exactly the reason why I didn't. I am an adult, and this is a choice I've made regarding my body. I'm sorry that you are upset about it."

End scene.

@jennifer2901 Seeking advice from disbelievers isn’t going to help you. They (understandably) don’t and will never understand the way of life for Muslims.

First of all find out if it is Haraam, if it’s not then your mum has no right to get angry. Of course, relay this to your mother in the utmost respect. Simple as.

If you are a believer and you believe in judgement day and you find out that belly piercings are not permitted then your mums actions are justified.

If you know it’s Haram but did it anyway then that’s between you and God, and you surely will find God to be forgiving.

If you don’t believe or have no interest in religion and your mum shouts at you forcing belief upon you then that is wrong, for Allaah has said to not force religion upon anyone. Rather, mum should be calm and tell you right from wrong in a loving way.