My cousin refers to her 4 m/o son as her boyfriend

lpapolczy

Consistently. Online. Publicly. It’s giving emotional incest. She’s leaving a digital footprint verbalizing how she thinks her son is more handsome than her husband. To even compare the two is a thought that personally would never cross my mind, but I digress. Even if she was joking, I would still find it to be cringe. Please tell me this isn’t normal behavior for a millennial mother…

@lpapolczy I’m a millennial and I’ve never on e referred to my son as my boyfriend. That’s gross. I don’t post about my kids online either. My son is 17 and my daughter is 13.

@lpapolczy I hate seeing parents that post every thing about their kids online. Especially influencers. I’ve been raising my kids about consent not only with their bodies but social media as well.

My husband caught my daughter drinking my hot chocolate and he discreetly snapped a picture of it for evidence and all I heard from the other room was “I didn’t give you my consent!” lol

@isa43 God I hope so….but given the fact that she’s 31 years old w/ this being baby number 2….there’s not much of an excuse to be immature imo.

@lpapolczy I can't even comprehend how a parent would even begin calling their child that.... Like, I call my son my little buddy or my little friend sometimes when we're playing games or something together... but BOYFRIEND? Wth. That child is gonna need some therapy.

@sadnlost Yupp. My thoughts exactly. She definitely views her kids as extensions of herself and not individuals unfortunately. So I dont think she cares about her digital footprint involving them. Or even considers the reality that they will someday become teens / adults.

@christianfrend I was thinking this too. We became estranged ever since I came out as bisexual & she revealed herself as homophobic per bible misinterpretation. Said it was unnatural. So I hope none of her kids are LGBTQIA+.

@lpapolczy This is very weird, and concerning as well, I’d make sure that she isn’t doing anything inappropriate with her son. Do her siblings or parents also know about this? Someone is going to have to tell her to stop.

@katrina2017 Everyone knows she is doing this since it’s all over her IG/FB. As the black sheep of the family I’ve made the decision to not speak to anyone anymore. Otherwise I’d bring it up. I just watch from afar now.