My 15 y/o son is going to be the death of me 34 F

@monae I agree with you there. If you move without fixing the issues, you just move the issues with you.

Sorry you’re going through this. My daughter is ADHD and I’m fighting a similar battle!

@monae I was an impulsive teen like this but I have severe PTSD from abuse and ADHD.. I now have my own 15 yo but he’s not even close to being half as crazy as I was at his age.
I went through ALOT of crap with my mom. No one listened to me, asked me about my day.. nothing. I did stupid stuff for attention because that was the only way my parents even acknowledge my existence.

Spend time with your kids like you do your own friends (with boundaries). Get to know things like their favorite color and hobbies, dreams, and have conversations with them. Pick their brain and start learning about how they are wired. No therapist, cop, teacher or friend is going to reach him like you can!

@monae A few things, he sounds very smart actually, he might be incredibly bored w todays public school system, it’s a bit of a joke depending on where you live and if you’re not taking dual credit classes.

My friend put her son in military school and it was the best thing that she could have done for him. He’s a mature, strong, productive military man and he is married to a nice girl. I think he’s about 23 now. He’s very successful in the military.

The school cost them a lot of money, they had to get loans, but it was worth it. Many people go through the teen years and they make things harder on themselves, I was one of those people. Let your son know that no matter what you believe in him and that you know he’ll get through this, love him unconditionally but remain calm, consistent and firm in your rules. Don’t take his behavior personally, he’s not doing it to be the death of you, he’s working out his angst. I wish my mother would have done something drastic like military or boarding school for me. I graduated from college but was a single mom and things were just harder, I don’t regret having a child, but I do wish I was held to a higher standard rather than fighting my way back from drug use, selling drugs, dropping out and all kinds of other debauchery.

Good job momma, stay in the fight! Find a community of people you can depend on and don’t let him manipulate you. You’ve got this! One day soon he’ll be a grown man who thanks you for not putting up w his antics.