Mild prolapsed uterus

scotty1023

I just gave birth to my son 5 weeks ago and noticed recently I have a mild prolapsed uterus and I am able to see my cervix in my vaginal canal. I have an appointment with my OB next week for my 6 week PP check up, so I’m going to mention my concerns to her, but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone who had a mild prolapsed after child birth was able to fully recover/reverse the damage over time?

I’m a very active 25 y/o and did lots of pelvic floor work throughout pregnancy, so getting this prolapse was a major shock. I personally don’t know anyone who has struggled with this issue and I would love to hear from anyone who has had success healing it in postpartum. I’m worried my only option will be surgery in the future and I really would like to avoid that!

@scotty1023 Totally agree with what other have said, pelvic floor PT helps a ton! My ob was relatively uninformed about the healing process.

What has shocked me the most about my experience has been the psychological component, i have really struggled with my confidence as a woman and my self-worth. I didn’t expect this!
Good for you for reaching out 💗

@katrina2017 Yes the psychological impact has been huge! I didn’t know anything about uterine prolapse prior to postpartum and I really wish it was talked about more. I definitely have felt insecure and self conscious about it and worry about the impacts it may have on my life going forward.

@scotty1023 I thought I had a prolapse after my baby and freaked out!!!! Turns out I didn’t, and everything was completely normal. Its just your vag looks fucked up for like 6 months after childbirth.

@scotty1023 You are so recently out from birth that the muscles within your pelvic floor are still so stretched out and you still have a ton of hormones in your body that make your muscles relax. I would suggest going to a physical therapist at 6 to 8 weeks out and starting some physical floor therapy. If they don't give you exercise that you feel like is not actually targeting this within the first two or three weeks I would then find another physical therapist. But if someone who has had a bladder prolapse before pregnancy and after pregnancy it took a about four or five months for me to feel like I could actually use any of my pelvic floor and abdominal muscles again.

@callen3822 So normally in your vaginal opening you shouldn’t see anything, but after giving birth I am able to see my uterus and cervix which is what happens when your organ prolapses. It’s apparently super common and happens to 1 in 2
Women after pregnancy and childbirth. It’s some thing I want to reverse naturally if possible, but some women end up needing surgery

@scotty1023 With a prolapse, do you know if there is something bulging out of your peri area? I’ve been doing some research... don’t know if having a prolapse always guaranteed to have something bulging out.

@jerrytye There are grades of prolapse. If it protrudes it’s a level 3 or 4 depending on how far. Pretty sure I have a grade 2, headed to the pt in a week or so. Ugh.

Back