Me again! NB to 6mo stash review! ⭐️🌈

theophilus2019

I’m collecting for our little one due in February! I think I have everything I intend for the first 6 months or so. Anything I’m missing?? Obviously, size 2 Thirsties and baby wipes are needed yet. Input appreciated :)!

-newborn prefolds (12)
-newborn workhorse (4)
-newborn all in one (22)

-Thirsties duo size one (2)
-Thirsties xs (1)
-rumparooz NB covers (4)

-small prefolds (12)
-size 2 bamboo/cotton prefolds, kangacare (6)
-small workhorses (10)
-small all in two (2)

-Disana wool shorties (3-6 months, 1)
-imagine wool Longies (small, 7 to 17lbs, 1)

-medium prefolds (12)
-medium workhorses (4)

-one size pockets, rumparooz (6)
-one size pockets, mama koala (6)
-one size covers, rumparooz (2)
-one size bamboo fitted (4)

-hemp doublers, small (4)
-wet bags x 3

Pic of some of my stash so I don’t get lost
https://ibb.co/VmVh4WS
https://ibb.co/N277DW0

@theophilus2019 I got a gift card from insurance because I completed a maternity program. Was able to get more cloth diapers I think I’m good on my stash for a long while. I have now 4 pack of 6 mama koala pocket diapers and 1 pack of Alva baby diapers. Making 30 pocket diapers . I liked mama koala off Amazon a lot for the pricy and quality I’m sticking with them. I have like 5 wet bags 2 big ones and 3 travel ones. Also cloth wipes like 60 or so. Like 100 inserts different fabrics. Just got flour sac towels as well. Think all together was like 300$

@jerry95 Well, I certainly can’t beat your price point lol! I do like pockets, but I much prefer natural fibers. I also have experience with prefolds/covers with my older son; this is my first time trying out pockets, mostly so my husband will help, too, lol. I’m at probably 600 right now, but I know the amount I’ve saved due to sales and buying second hand is over 500.

@theophilus2019 3 large wet bags? I would definitely get smaller wet bags too for travel or just around the house.. cloth wipes (I like the kind that has terry on one side and flannel on the other.. terry side for sticky poop and flannel side for sensitive areas or pee. They have different types of wipe solutions and wipe lotions, but i prefer just wetting the wipes with water from a perry bottle. Snappis or boingos.. other than that your stash looks great!

@stephert Ah! I forgot to list the snappis lol! I have three as well as a set of boingos! My wet bags are actually kinda small; maybe I need to add a small one as well. Thanks so much for your input on wipes. That’s honestly why I haven’t purchased any yet; I have no idea which ones to get.

@theophilus2019 Are you planning on having baby go to daycare? If so you may want to think about what wetbags you need for that (I would say probably at least 2 more depending on how the dirty diaper exchange works at your daycare). If not, I think 3 large is just about right based on your stash size. I like the wet/dry bags for putting in my diaper bag would suggest 1 or 2 of those, and at least 1 of the small size wetbags - I like to use those for wipes, you can put them in wet or dry and it just keeps them organized and together in the diaper bag! I didn't see anything else missing from your list!

@theophilus2019 Get the cheap flannel wipes on Amazon! I don’t believe expensive wipes are necessary, but I do believe you need a lot, like 100+.

Seconding snappis.

What’s your wet bag/diaper pail situation, and are you doing cloth out and about or just at home? If you’re putting a bag in a pail, three is nice so you can have one in use, one in the wash, and one hang drying. And at least three travel wet bags; the more you have, the less likely you are to forget one. Throw a roll of dog poop bags in your diaper bag just in case.

Around four months, we started really enjoying the hemp doublers from GMD at night. It was all the night boosting we needed for a while. Along those lines, I will say that the small and newborn prefolds make excellent doublers forever, so more of those wouldn’t go to waste. We also preferred the babeegreens snap wool covers to the pull on disana ones, but that’s personal preference and plenty of people love their disanas.

@buckeye_momof4 Thanks for the wipes input! I think I’m going to get the cloth wipes try it kit so I can feel the different kinds to committing to a bunch since we’ve never used them. Oddly enough, I clothed my older son from about 10 months onward, but we never switched to cloth wipes. It was a pain separating them for trash versus wash.

The plan is a tall laundry basket or trash can with a liner, so I’ll definitely need some, three does sound ideal!

How many of the hemp doublers did you use? I started with four since idk how much this lo will wet overnight.

Also, as for wool, I’m also a knitter, so I plan to make more if I like them. I’m working on newborn Longies at the moment. Also, thanks for the puppy bag tip!! 😊

@theophilus2019 You’re welcome, happy to help!

We use disposable wipes out and about, and my dirty secret for dealing with them is that I don’t. They go through the wash with the diapers and get thrown away when they’re clean.

We started with six hemp doublers and that was okay for a while. We recently bought 10 more, but we’re kind of in a troubleshooting phase right now so not entirely sure how they’re going to work in yet. I do use them in the car just for some added protection.

@griff340 Yes, I did fiddle around with the prefolds and covers! Looks like the Thirsties xs and duo size one as well as rumparooz NB all fit over both the NB and small prefolds and workhorses! Congrats to you!!

Back