Looking for similarities? CPs/BFP

aresden

F/33 with 2 healthy pregnancies. I’ve had 2 CPs before conceiving my children, no issues since now. I suffer from a short LP so when I began my “period” evening of 4/15 (9dpo) I didn’t think twice. Period only lasted 2 days(4/16-17), a normal/steady flow but no cramps or back pains or anything. Thought that was odd but again, won’t complain about an easy period. Then I looked at my Apple Watch and most noticed my RHR never dropped (always does with period) so I thought let me take a test (4/18).. sure enough, a faint bfp but so light I convinced myself it was an indent. Next morning (4/19-would be 12dpo) a true bfp. Now I’m concerned, I had a “period” and now I have rising hcg. THEN yesterday evening I went to the bathroom, bright blood in my undies (okay, it’s a chemical my period will really start). Had a glass of wine, went to bed. The bleeding didn’t continue since that single breakthrough. Todays bfp is even darker 😑

Anyone with similar story!? I have an appt for 5/6 but I’m scared for ectopic or something.

Update 4/21: Lines are still progressing. I expected them to decrease since having the bleeding. Will keep everyone posted.

@aresden I would reach out to your doctor for some beta bloodwork. They’ll send you every 48 hours to track your levels. Waiting until 5/6 when you’re unsure isn’t going to do you any favors. Ectopic possibility enters the chat when the HCG numbers increase a small amount, go down and “bounce around”. I am currently awaiting my 4th beta blood draw tomorrow. You can click on my username to see my post.

Also, I wonder if maybe you experienced implantation bleeding?

@kiwisalad I’m surprised my doctor didn’t offer the betas. They basically made it seem like because I’ve had natural healthy pregnancies and since these bleeds had no cramps or pain associated with them I should treat it as a “viable pregnancy” until proven otherwise. Sigh. I’m going to call them Monday if I am still testing positive and demand bloodwork to ease my mind. Send you hugs as well!

@dpasek I totally agree. I had betas done with my first because I had 2 prior CPs (but those were different than this. Those I had BFPs then bled within a day + immense cramping and pain). This is definitely different in terms of blood, bfp, breakthrough bleed and BFPs getting darker with no cramping or pain or anything it’s so weird. (Hence my concern of ectopic) but yes will call Monday and request betas/monitoring. 🫶🏼🌈

@aresden Definitely strange they didn’t… unless you just talked to the front desk and maybe they are unaware of the protocol. Hugs right back! Please update.

@kiwisalad Sadly it was the nurse and she spoke to my ob who said treat as a viable and come in early (so in 2 weeks) ha. I hate doctors sometimes. Just because I have no cramps or pain doesn’t mean there could be an issue? I know my body better than you peeps 🙄 will definitely keep you updated.

@aresden After reading through the comments i just wanted to add, if for some reason your doctor won’t call in some bloodwork, you can go to your local Quest Diagnostics and pay out of pocket to check your HCG, for peace of mind if that’s something you’d want to do. I hope everything turns out fine! It’s scary when bleeding is involved, sigh

UPDATE: Came to local ER due to increasing preg tests. I would be 14-15dpo and my beta was 29.5. I also have a confirmed gestational sac that is equal to 4 weeks (which is perfectly aligned with my ovulation this cycle). I don’t know what to think but can confidently rule out ectopic.

@kiwisalad A true “wait and see” scenario. But I MUCH rather have this then a wait and see with totally unknown context. Not super hopeful based on beta but also confused as the sac measures perfectly. What a wild time ha! Also to make things funnier, they did a urine sample and told me it was “negative” lol

@aresden Absolutely!! I’m 100% with you on that. At least you can rest easy that you’re not dealing with a potentially threatening situation. You could just be early! What I was told was “it’s okay if the number is low, as long as it doubles in 48 hours!” Fingers and toes will be crossed for you! Your body is definitely like “you’re pregnant! JK no you’re not! HAHA APRIL FOOLS, you def are!”

@kiwisalad Things took another turn! During the US the tech showed me the sac measuring 4w (but she can’t tell me so she turned to show me). The Dr reviewed and said nothing present in sac expect levels to go down. Sorry for your MC. 🫠🫠

@kiwisalad I have never been so confused in my life. This is why techs aren’t suppose to talk to patients haha but at the same time she SHOWED me the sac. I’m blessed to have been preggo 2x with healthy babies. I know what it looks like 🤔

@aresden I don’t blame you. Maybe your dates are slightly off? With my first pregnancy (she’s 2.5 now), I remember having to go back in a week because things weren’t adding up dates/gestation wise. I miss my naïveté from back then because I was like oh, ok, no problem. melts lol. When I went back in, everything was fine! Your bleeding throws me off. Are they having you go back in 48 hrs to check your betas? I just got back from having my 4th draw. I have 💩 veins to begin with.

@kiwisalad Argh it can’t be. Based on my ultrasound on 4/5 I did not ovulate yet but very mature egg (26mm) Based on my charting my spike happened 4/8 indicating ovulation either 4/6 or 4/7. I suffer from a short LP, so the period starting around 9dpo is “normal” for me (sadly) so I didn’t think twice! But then my heart rate never dropped with my “period” and it was super short (2 days). Tested, bam positive.