Looking for new laundry detergent for sensitive skin and allergies?

@deeppeace On Nellie’s ingredients list it has ethoxylated ingredients which from what I understand with the research is the ingredients that cause 1,4 Dioxane as a bi-product. Nellie’s has “linear alcohol ethoxylate” as the primary detergent. Am hesitant although have heard good things about Nellie’s cleaning power

@deeppeace Yeah agreed. Just a list of all detergents without the bad ingredients is all! And I’m sure I not the only one. Instead have to become a detective and spend tons of time researching. This shouldn’t be the narrative…..

@ellenp I use Seventh Generation detergent and softener and it works but…
  1. Detergent is not as powerful as let’s say tide, any oily stain on blacks have to be pre-soaked with tide or stain remover for a few hours before washing. I use lavender scented one and no issues. Also, it does work better in warm water or if you do whites then hot water and it does ok job but does NOT fully eliminate let’s say coffee stains from kitchen’s microfiber rag, it’s almost clean but not perfect and slightly visible, adding oxi powder resolves this but I wouldn’t use oxi with dark clothes, it will discolor it.
  2. I wash whites with one scoop of powder detergent from Costco (no fragrance, and comes in a big bucket and lasts forever - works amazing!!!) and also add one scoop of oxi powder (also Costco), in new machine I actually use much less - whites come out amazing and oxi keeps all underarm yellowing from deodorant away! Speaking of machines - Electrolux machines are THE best - no need to pre-soak any whites, including dirty socks - everything comes out amazing but I usually put it on longest, heavy duty cycle for whites(about 3 hours)
  3. Seventh Generation fabric Softener (lavender) is the only softener my skin can tolerate (tried bounce clear, other sheets and many many other softeners and nope - next day I’m all covered with small pimples and red rash, god forbid I wash sheets with that!!!) softener works but you need to put more than suggested and all depends on your washing machine and dryer but it works!