Lead content in baby puffs and cassava based foods

torn12

A friend sent me this article about a test done on Serenity Kids baby puffs, Happy Baby puffs, and a couple other things. There are positive results for lead, cadium, arsenic, and mercury.

The "Clean Label Project Purity Award" does not mean what you think it means.

The article is long but the tl;dr is don't buy puffs or cassava based foods.

Here's the article from Lead Safe Mama

@torn12 Good God. As someone who works in the lead testing industry please avoid LSM at all costs. While not always wrong she is a known fear monger who ultimately does more harm than good

@e31 I definitely went down that rabbit hole and was super paranoid about lead for a while. And I am cautious now to a lesser degree. As someone who is an expert on things lead-related, what should I actually worry about?

@rascoeb Lead paint!!!!! And people doing their own renovations in old houses!! Also if you do any hobby using lead. But if you do those hobbies you probably know and are hopefully using good housekeeping practices

@e31 Question, when it comes to lead based paint, is it just eating the chips that you have to worry about? Is it dangerous just existing and not being touched?

@way195 So most kids don't actually eat lead chips, thats now considered an outdated way of thinking. They ingest lead dust through normal hand to mouth behavior. If your lead paint is in good condition it is much less of a risk. If it's in poor condition, chipping, flaking, a door is rubbing on the frame, etc, then it is much more of a risk.