Last night- 10 month old

mgistinger1

So last night my dr gave me a V[sup]l|um[/sup] to relax thy self since I’ve been under A lot of stress. I knew there was a possibility I wouldn’t wake up so I left a bottle in there for him since he wakes up at 2. Well of course 5 :30 am rolls around and I jump out of bed to go check on him and he’s in a fetal position in the corner:(( makes me sad

@mgistinger1 Do you have anyone who could help you with your baby? Have you talked to your doctor about whether this is the most appropriate medication and dosage for your situation? One night like this isn’t likely to cause damage, but 1) no bottle is supposed to be at room temperature that long, and 2) not being able to wake up makes you unable to be the responsible parent in this situation. You cannot keep taking that medication at that dose without another adult to help you overnight. There are other, safer options.

That said, your 10 month old sleeping in the fetal position isn’t necessarily a sign of anything. 10 month olds sleep in weird positions all the time, and are capable of sleeping through the night/being night weaned and sleep trained safely. If that’s something you need to do to for your own mental health, that’s fine! Just do it intentionally and safely, not by taking quantities of sedatives that keep you from being able to respond to your child when you’re the only caregiver around.

@mgistinger1 Do you have a monitor that has an alarm feature? That works for us. Or just turning the volume all the way up. If you need Valium or similar to sleep and he’s the other responsible parent, then it’s time for him to act like a parent and a supportive partner. You shouldn’t be trying to juggle this on your own and ending up feeling guilty because he couldn’t step up when he needed it.