It's Survey Time - TFAB Demographics and Sub Feedback

kvn

A special treat to make the Monday blues a little easier. The mods bring you the opportunity to contribute to the future of TFAB!

Please complete two short surveys:
  1. Community Feedback
  2. TFAB Demographics
You'll need to sign in to your Google account to take the surveys, but we are not collecting information on your identity. We just want to preserve the sanctity of the ballot box!

Thanks for helping us out by making your voice heard. These surveys will be open for one week (until Monday, April 1).

@kvn For the questions about "have you been pregnant?", "Do you have living children", "Have you experienced pregnancy loss", you should include termination as an option. It is statistically extremely common and to not include it kind of stigmatizes women who have ended pregnancies.

@kvn The survey asked me how many months I'd been trying (5) and then asked me what cycle I was on (I put 0?)... I thought those were the same thing and can't google-fu well-enough to find out! Can someone explain please?

@moanalua I would also count any miscarriages in months, but probably not in cycles. So if you have a normal length cycle, you could have been TTC for four months but spent an additional two months pregnant, making your total TTC journey 6 months but really only 4 full cycles.

@moanalua One cycle is not necessarily one month. The average cycle is 28 days, or one month, but some women have cycles that are 35-90 days. In that case, some women have been trying for 3 months but only had one cycle. My cycles are short, 24 days. Eventually I will have more cycles than months.

@moanalua For some people, the number of months and cycles may be the same if their cycle is about 30 days (cycle day 1 being the first day of your period). For me, on the other hand, my cycle is about 50 days, so I’ve been trying for 7 months but am currently on cycle 5.

@moanalua I didn't know what they were talking about either. I dont keep track of how many cycles either. I have been trying 8 months, but only had appropriate timed intercourse for 6 of those months so I had put 6 for the number of cycles LOL!

Also, kind of sucks, because sometimes I have started spotting around day 17 of cycle, and my periods seem to act up a lot..I have been trying to go by LH surge rather than periods...:-(