informal brmo poll/pop quiz

saraila

bathroom counter space is for:

a. workspace

b. storing frequently used items (e.g. toothpaste, hairbrush)

c. both

CHOOSE WISELY

@saraila You have counter space in your bathroom? I am jealous... I've never had the luxury and assumed it for drugs or baby changing.... Never both.

(From NYC space is expensive)

@saraila What is this bathroom counter of which you speak? Do you mean the ledge of the sink? That's for soap. The windowsill, however, is full of toothbrushes and hair products.

@saraila D. Everything.
Phone, hangers, folded clothes, screw drivers, hairbrushes, lotion, work gloves, etc. it all lands there for a bit. But one bathroom is also the laundry room and the landing pad for when I come in from gardening or painting the basement.

@saraila B.
Unless by workspace you mean temporary storage of lice treatment shampoo, hair ties, and so on. Uh. We have a perimeter around the sink and feel pretty happy with that because that means toothbrushes don't have to live in the storage box.

@karlx yeah, workspace would refer to placing things there only while they are in immediate use. hubby does not believe in keeping ANYTHING on the counter because "it's workspace." i'm like why the fuck would i constantly be putting shit in/taking shit out of drawers and whatever instead of just fucking leaving it where i'm always using it? and yet this is the same guy who leaves piles of shit all over his desk.

@saraila I have a friend who has literally nothing on her kitchen counters. Not a mixer, not some fucking wooden spoons or a spice rack next to the stove, not a dish drying rack, nothing. It boggles my mind that she is constantly taking shit out of drawers and cabinets when she has acres of counter space to use.

Where the hell does your husband want to put toothbrushes anyway?

@truth239 I had coffee at a girlfriend's house today and she pulled her coffee maker out from a cabinet. I was incredulous about her not drinking the consummate mom-nectar and she says, "no, I do, I just don't like the way the coffee maker looks". Mind. Blown. What a PITA.

@katrina2017 One of the houses my husband and I looked at had these squirrel away cabinets. They extended from the bottom of the standard cabinets to the counter and had roll top doors. They were specifically there to shove shit out of sight.

@12345678910 My inlaws have a one of these that hides the microwave/toaster/bread/magic bullet blender type detrius. The only counter things they have are the kitchen aid and obligatory canister for stove top cooking implements and knife block. it looks sooo pretty!

I greatly envy it.

@saraila I guess B. I hate clutter in the bathroom, so the only things allowed on the counter are the toothbrush holder, Q-tip holder, soap, and gigantic bottle of mouthwash. Everything else has to go in the drawers.

Back