If you used protection that didn’t fail

magnus359

You don’t have to worry about pregnancy. This includes birth control that is taken correctly and you didn’t use condoms along with it.

There seems to be some sort of line of thinking with this newer generation that unprotected sex and protected sex are the exact same thing. I’m not sure if it is social media causing this, the lack of sex education in their area or a mix of both. But honestly I’m here on behalf of probably everyone in this sub to say, put down the TikTok or other various forms of social media it’s making yall not trust your birth control methods. Limit the time, yall chronically online

In the past what would be now considered I guess slightly older generations were told not to believe ever single thing that they see on the internet. That form of advice seems to have been completely lost to time so we have that sort of epidemic now.

You’re gonna be okay, you don’t have to worry about pregnancy.
Since links are not allowed in the post I will be putting links to the effectiveness of the different forms of birth control as well as how they work so people know that they are protected. Because this is getting to the point of ridiculousness to where I am fearing that this generation doesn’t understand how protected they really are and aren’t gonna listen to those who have lived life and know the realistic chances.

For me currently I’ve tried a few birth control methods, while currently I’m on the pill I use only that and no pregnancies. I also used condoms with no pullout for over a decade and no pregnancies. There is no point in worrying over such a small percentage of a chance. And if it’s friends that are shaming you for using only condoms with no pull out or shaming you for using just the pill, or the patch, or the shot, the iud, or the arm implant..then are they really your friends?

“Oh but I’m not sure if the condom broke” it ain’t subtle, it’s like a popped balloon

“Oh but what if condom flipped” you’ll be fine

“What if I had sex during my placebo week for birth control” you’re fine just start the next pack on time.

“I’m like six packs in but I did it on the 4th day instead of waiting 7 days…am I preggers?!” No, the 7 full days only applies to the very first pack of birth control.

“I took my pill an hour late! Am I in trouble?!” No, combination pills have a 12 hour window to take them while progesterone only have a 3hr window (unless desogestrel which also has a 12 hour window or slynd which is a 24hr window)

“We used a condom but he didn’t pull out!!!” That doesn’t matter, that’s how condoms were used for centuries. From the animal skin ones to the latex ones today.

“I had unprotected sex with my bf while on -insert hormonal birth control here or copper iud- and he didn’t pull out, we wanted to feel how it was”
Okay, good for you on making sure you’re protected from pregnancy. You didn’t have unprotected sex, and you were still protected by your birth as long as you’re taking it as prescribed, can still feel the strings of the iud, got your shots on time, and can still feel the implant in your arm. You’ll be fine.

I will also provide links on what to do in case of sickness in terms of the pill but really for that, read your pamphlet, ask questions when your gyno or doctor ask if you have any questions. Literally advocate for yourself.

Obviously in the cases of hookups make sure to use condoms even if you’re on birth control for std prevention.

Just wanted to put in my two cents because this is getting ridiculous.

Also you can’t get pregnant from fingering, grinding, anal, oral, touching a penis, with or without precum. Just no, it’s not possible for the love of Christ.

@redeemedbyjesusmysaviour Oh believe me I know. The failure rate to these methods are so extremely small, but I feel like social medias can kinda blow things out of proportion and this new generation really only knows that. So I feel like it’s feeding into this mentality that you always need to be scared and afraid, when they are doing fine if they are using protection that didn’t fail.

@magnus359 exactly!! as a younger person i know how badly things can get blown out of proportion and it's insane. i'm on birth control and i'm honestly not worried about anything because i did my research, but a pregnancy test once in a while is still something that helps ease my mind. education about birth control methods is SO important, so thank you for this post!