I wOn'T dO tHaT wHeN I HaVe KiDs

@enoch27 My favorite phrase someone once told me is “The perfect parents are the ones without kids” and I have never heard anything more true!

I put it on every whiny anti-kid comment and child-free rant here on Reddit. They get soooooo mad 😎

@enoch27 You're always the perfect parent until you have kids.

I feel that eating your own words from before you had a kid (or a kid a certain age) is like a rite of passage.

@enoch27 The only thing I remember saying is I wouldn't treat my kids like my parents treated me and while I haven't always met that goal I think I am doing a better job than them for sure!

@enoch27 I remember saying ‘the baby will fit around our lives, not the other way round’ 🤣

Here I am 3 years later with a preschooler who still breastfeeds, sleeps in our bed and I’ve never had a night away from him! He eats completely different meals from my husband and I, is still in pulls up because he refuses to potty train and gets a biscuit every time we do a nappy change just so I can get one on him! It’s such an association now, I’m convinced he’ll be 30 and taking a digestive with him to do a dump 😂

@enoch27 Even if you, like me, accept that you wont know until you know (I knew better than to make statements about what kind of parent I would be, thats my humble brag) I honestly did not expect chronic sleep deprivation to be so physically painful.

I’ll admit I dont leave dishes and stay on top of laundry while working full time. Thats the one thing I am fucking up on. My inability to accept a different standard of order is affecting my physical and mental health. I think moms who dont obsess about the dishes, about the rules… they are wise. Anyway I cant think straight right now, what was I saying?

@enoch27 I feel like this is the true value of the “it takes a village to raise a kid” …..

new / idealistic to the party have all the things that will be done differently …no co-sleeping; perfectly clean house, no box max n cheese, no tantrums, no dishes in sink.

And the village is there to hopefully give you a hug when the dumpster fire is blazing and

And the village tells you to just throw away the dishes entirely and sleep w kid.

Whatever works.

@enoch27 “I won’t give my kid bandaids for no reason. Only if the kid is bleeding”. Nope. I’ll now give my 3yo a box of bandaids and get 3 or 4 out to play with. We make special trips to our pharmacy just for bandaids sometimes. She’s a great pretend doctor though!

@trutta Future in healthcare! I do stuff like this too. People think I'm crazy but I let my kids go nuts with chalk on my walls. Why? Cuz it erases and gives my kids a way to get rid of the itch of scrawling all on the walls with sharpie. Comes right off with a baby wipe with no residue. NOTE THOUGH: ONLY USE CHALKBOARD CHALK, SIDEWALK CHALK STAINS.

@enoch27 Before she had kids, my sister-in-law made a rude comment under her breath when my child refused vegetable baby food around her.

“When WE have kids, WE will make sure they start early on veggies” just dripping with condescension. (He was only 11 months old lol)

Now she has 3 kids under 5 and I still have just my older 1. Hope her humble pie was/is tasty.

Back