I caught my 6 year old on camera physically abusing my 1 year old in her crib what do I do

@elsiemarie You immediately separate them, and do not allow them together unsupervised. You do need to have a parenting conversation with her, making clear that it’s never ok to hit or push younger sister. That angry feelings are normal but that we have to use words and talk to mom or dad when she has them. Have you seen her being angry and aggressive in other context? How does she do with her peers at school? I’d get her in with a child psychologist to assess and help understand and address what may be going on. There may be family dynamics that have her feeling anger that she has directed at her sister. Is someone else in the home behaving in this way towards your 6 year-old or towards someone else in the home? How is anger expressed in your family?

@elsiemarie Do not leave them alone again.

Get a video camera if you can so you can spot if your elder child tries to do this again.

Get a child psychologist involved as soon as possible. The sooner the issues are addressed, the more chance they can be worked on and not become a chronic problem.

I’m sorry you are going through this it must be terrifying for you.

@elsiemarie Literally a line with no context about number of occasions, harm caused or any other details but you're running direct to a child psychologist?? Parent the situation first but also, WE have no context from OP

Back