How to prep for c-section ? Nervous!

@julianchu 11 days pp here. I used depends for the first couple days at home but I developed some sort of allergic reaction to either the soap they used on my belly or the clear plastic drape they stuck to me. The rash wasn’t actually on the incision. Started about half an inch above it and went to about two inches below my boobs and stretched from side to side. Once it actually started itching I just couldn’t stand the depends anymore so I went to just normal pads in my underwear. I never took the narcotics, just alternated between Tylenol and ibuprofen. Highly recommend getting some gas x right away in the hospital and taking them at home with colace as well. My maternity leggings are the most comfortable pants I have rn since every other normal clothing has the hem sitting right over the incision.

@prospectivedarkness If it was anything like mine, you might have had a postpartum PUPPP rash. I thought it was soap or drapes too, but it didn’t make sense with the pattern until I realized what it was. Harmless, but super itchy.

@lesflk Oh interesting! A nurse at the hospital just told me it was the soap or drape. Never heard of that rash. My skin was just red the first few days. I think a day after I got home is when I actually got hives. The hives are gone now and the skin is more brownish versus the bright cherry red it used to be and it feels more like dry skin. No more itching though thank the heavens!

@julianchu Find out when you'll be cleared to eat! Nobody told me that I would need to pass gas in order to get approved to move off the liquid diet. I hadn't eaten for 48 hours, and I was STARVING. I would have killed a man for some chewing gum to help get things moving down there.

Back