How long does it take to lose Mommy pooch?

dpowerz

I am 4 months PP and I have to eat extra calories since I pump exclusively. Are there any exercises that would help? I am a skinny fat petite (5’0) person.

@dpowerz It really depends on hormones, if you have DR, etc. I would recommend pilates + weights if you are medically cleared to do so and have any DR identified and addressed first.

@dpowerz Never lost mine even when I was in better shape than I was pre pregnancy and weighed less. Had DR and fixed it but the loose skin kept the pooch. Everyone is different. This is just what I experienced

@dpowerz I'm 5 months pp and was wondering the same thing so did some research on this.

Be kind to yourself - sleep deprivation hits hard which really messes with our hunger and feelings of satiety. So focus on getting as much sleep as you can, and that will certainly help.

"Acute sleep deprivation reduces blood concentrations of the satiety hormone leptin. With increased blood concentrations of ghrelin and adiponectin, such endocrine changes may facilitate weight gain if persisting over extended periods of sleep loss."

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/oby.23616#:~:text=Acute%20sleep%20deprivation%20reduces%20blood,extended%20periods%20of%20sleep%20loss.

@dpowerz I couldn’t lose anything until I was done breastfeeding. Those hormones are a bitch!! It sucks but it also made me less stressed about feeling the need to lose it and helped me just focus on feeding my babe!

@bazzapr Oh yeah.
I breastfed for two years and when I was done I TTC with all the hormones carnival that comes when you have to have a FIV (it worked yippee!) so now I’m pregnant again with my first pregnancy overweight fat as a starting weight point.
Fuck it!!

@dpowerz I’m 10m pp and I’m back at pre pregnancy weight and my lower porch has gone.
I walk every day and weigh train 3x a week.

I did loads of core exercises to help re engage my transverse abs. Meg squats on instagram has some helpful videos for pp core exercises.

@dpowerz The biggest thing that helps is time. But core exercises also help a lot - they strengthen and shape everything in that region a lot. As another person said, keep an eye on possible DR and be sure to resolve that before doing anything crazy though.

@seekinggod2 Core and pelvic floor exercises are huge. I had to do pelvic floor PT to help repair some SPD damage and it was amazing how much it fixed the "mom pooch". My therapist mentioned it was a common side effect for most of her patients.
Look up TVA exercises on YouTube. Those are the interior muscles that wrap around the waist and back and getting them back in shape removes the pooch