How do you darken the room without blackout blinds or on vacation?

lvmangione

As my l.o. grows older (16 months now) it gets harder and harder to leave anywhere with her, especially during summer time. Where i live, 8 pm is still too much light outside for her to sleep without blackout curtains. At home that is not an issue, but what about when we visit family, or on vacation? I know there are some stick on blackouts, but they are impossible to get where i live. Any other ideas?

@lvmangione Buy a roll of aluminium foil paper and spray water on the glass/windows, foil will stick to it like glue and fully blacks out any light, then remove when you’re done and no damage!

@wonderingwhy It's the best!! We took it to the east coast from the west coast and were able to keep our baby on west coast schedule the whole trip so he was sleeping at 10 and able to go out with us and waking up at 9:30 even tho it was so bright out. We also put him to sleep in it at a friend's party with 40 people in the next room. It's magic.

@lvmangione Maybe be careful with this one. Depending on the house and type of windows if the sun hits the black garbage bags it can crack. Aluminum foil is better for this.

Also, the black attracts heat as well which is not ideal in the summer.

Source: I did this and we had to get a window replaced

@john127 +1 slumberpod. I brought portable blackout blinds on a trip and still ended up having Amazon next day deliver a slumberpod. Not only does it obviously blackout the sleep “space”, it kind of feels like baby is in their own room. Put the sound machine next to slumberpod and you don’t have to be as quiet as your normally have to be in the event you’re stuck sharing a single room with baby!

Edit - spelling errors