Advice on use of fan in baby’s room (benefits and SIDS prevention)

@14_teen IQ Air or similar hyper hepa air purifier will help loads. We have ours on always (its a fan, functionally) as well as a second fan some nights.

You really need to get to the source of the allergy though. Mold, dust. Vacuum every night before bed, ventilation to outside for 30m min every day. Swap carpeting for wood/tile and add smaller carpet (wool is great and naturally flame retardant), etc. Make sure your pillows & mattress are already wrapped in something like a waterproof/ dust cover. The one by naturepedic is soft, no plastic feel or sounds & non toxic.

@nrg23 I’ve done most of these except covering mattress / pillows. I do need to get back into the allergist and get a new round of work up. How I miss when I was in my early 20s and I had no allergies 😭

@14_teen I’m sorry, I known it sucks. You may also be sensitive to VOCs which aren’t a part of the regular allergy screen. Mattresses in particular are big offenders unless you specifically selected one that doesn’t off-gas (like naturepedic, avocado, other green guard gold or Made Safe certified). Cabinetry if new, also. Like MDF and particle board. Sometimes flooring, too.

I get everything through specialty stores like Green Building Supply and Vermont Natural Coatings. Hope this helps give you other avenues to search for relief.

Back