How Do Y’all Deal With Fear of Pregnancy With No/Late Periods?

iscahimalive

I’m on hormonal IUD and have had very irregular periods. I panic every time my period is late or it seems like a long time has passed. Currently panicking right now. How do you guys cope with this? Do you just take a bunch of pregnancy tests every so often? I know it’s very very very unlikely I get pregnant and I jsut got my IUD checked and it’s in the right place, but I can’t help but feel stress about it. Would like to hear y’all’s thoughts and advice.

@iscahimalive I know what you mean! I have the skyla iud and my periods are very irregular. I’ll have one and then will skip it for 3 months/or only have pms symptoms. I tend to take pregnancy tests once a month just to be less anxious.

@strinim Yeah I’ve been experiencing PMS symptoms for this entire week. I will probably do that, buy some pregnancy tests to take every month or so. Glad I’m not alone, my doctor made it sound like I would have heavier periods or not at all after like six months but it’s still going lmaooo

@iscahimalive Same here. And yes, I always have a bunch of pregnancy tests so I can take one whenever I’m stressed. The stress is even worse now because I have Mirena, which used to be for 5 years, then I called last year to get it replaced but they had just extended it to 8 years. So now I’m on 6 years with Mirena and I have serious trouble trusting its safety. A little paranoid that I might be part of some test group to see how safe it is after 5 years.. which sounds so stupid, I know. But I’m absolutely terrified of getting pregnant 🙈

@iscahimalive i used to experience this when i had an iud. i bought a pack of pregnancy test strips on amazon, i believe they were $25 for a whole bunch of them so it’s a cheaper way to test often (i would test once or twice a month). i highly recommend getting them, it sucks having to pay like $10-$20 for one or two tests especially if you test more often.

@iscahimalive Honestly if I ever have a fear of pregnancy I take a test. There’s no point stressing over what it’s, especially since stress will only delay your period more.

Now mind you I have never had a pregnancy scare that resulted in a positive test (knock on wood) but if I’m ever worried about a late period I take a test and it usually starts my period for some reason 😂😂

@staceylee67 Ahh yeah we usually do and I don’t worry too much anymore but we recently did it raw not finishing inside a few times and I realized I didn’t want to take that risk anymore but worried now that something fell through… ahh I’m just a worrier haha

@iscahimalive I have pcos and irregular periods i bought a 50 pack of pregmate test from target. And just test everytime missed period or once a month to be sure. If i was id wanna know early so i have options . Im also paranoid about it

@iscahimalive I test every two weeks just in case. You can buy bulk strip tests on Amazon for pretty cheap. It’s worth the peace of mind if you’re someone who worries imo.

Back