How are you mentally/emotionally dealing with significant activity modification?

@katrina2017 Mine was just acute injury. I’m guessing because there’s a lot more belly pushing out against those rectus muscles now, and the combination of that plus the impact of running just caused a small injury.

@verajosefine You are still killing it. Think of it this way-- you have kept up running conditioning for SO long into your pregnancy. You only have six weeks left. Sometimes-- just like after a running injury-- you have to slow down in order to take care of your body. There are so many other activities you can do-- like yoga for flexibility, or light weights for arms, or squats, or walking for conditioning that will help your body stay strong. Those are all ways of taking care of yourself! The goal isn't to do an exercise today-- it is to build a strong body for the rest of your life. And the way to do that now is not to push it.

Also -- you are already #goals! I'm only at 25 weeks and now run SO slowly. Each week I tell myself I just have to see if this is the last week or if I can keep going.

@newbie110 Oh wow thank you! I also slowed down a TON. I went from 9:40ish pace to “let’s try to keep it sub-12.” It’s just a normal part of the process I suppose. Those are great suggestions for alternative exercises. Thank you!

Back