Help with leaks!

@throne The excess fabric where the rise is should be tucked upwards. It looks like its going downwards right now. That can cause gaps at the legs. To check, try to slip your fingers in the little pocket that is formed. Your fingers should point upward toward his belly.

@throne What you have pulled up there are often called "wings." The rise Im talking about is the center of the front of the diaper (in your image, the top of the sun) where you can snap up the excess fabric to make the diaper smaller. A little pocket is formed and that pocket should point upwards. Doing that helps pull the excess fabric up tighter on the legs, having it go downward can lead to gaps.

Based on the other images youve postedn the covers just look too large for your baby just yet.

@throne Your baby has pretty skinny legs, so I think he's too small for the one-size diaper (even though they say 8+ lbs, they're liars). My son is absolutely massive (he was 11.5 lbs at birth!) and even he didn't fit into a one-size until he was 2-3 months - his sister was more normal sized but still large, and it took her even longer. With pockets, the fleece actually needs to touch the genitals to quickly absorb the wetness. If there's too much gap, the liquid will fall right out the back.

I also think it looks too loose around the waist, which makes me think that your problem with disposables is that it isn't fastened tightly enough. It took me a while to accept how tight they actually need to be to avoid leaks. Both cloth and disposables need to be fastened so that they slightly dig into baby's skin - you should see marks when you take off a dirty diaper, but not redness or irritation.

And like others have said, make sure the wings are inside the waistband or else the wetness will wick onto his clothes. Pulling the wings up like that could also cause gaps to form on the sides where they're peeking out which could also lead to leaks.

@maxx55 Yes, I make sure it's pointing down. The leaks are up the back or out the legs. I can't figure out how to upload a photo for a fit check... 🙁

@throne Hmm. Up the back may be a compression leak bc he's so young (and on his back a lot of the time). Out the legs would be a fit issue. It seems weird, but putting the diaper higher than normal on the back and doing the waist one snap tighter may help. To upload images youd need to use imgur and link them here.

At 2w though I was never able to go more than 1-1.5h between changes. They just pee So Much! All the time! I didnt really get to 2h between changes until about 4m.

@maxx55
Up the back may be a compression leak bc he's so young (and on his back a lot of the time).

Orrrr too much space between the diap and his skin! So his pee falls straight down to the back where there's less stuffing.

@throne Sorry to have to say it, but not all diaps fit all babies. :( Some brands fit different body types better than others. This brand might just not fit your baby's body at all.

@throne The way to fix pretty much any leak is really fit. Compression leaks may be due to overstuffed diapers (too much pressure in there total). I use cotton though so I am not familiar with any of the fibers you use, or how fast/slow they absorb. I know hemp absorbs slowly so he could flood out of it before wetting everything if that makes sense. If bamboo is similar that could contribute.

Back