Help: WFH while pregnant w/ 2

lishanaidoo

Bit of a strange question, but does anyone have advice for what they used to hold say their laptops and such while doing what I call WWM (working while massive)? I’m lucky enough to work from home but now that I’m in my third tri with twins, I find myself so uncomfortable each day trying to find a spot to work from. I suck it up and spend half the day or call at my kitchen counter but looking for something I can use while on the couch or bed. Of note, even a slight recline causes my bebes to lay right on that vein they aren’t supposed to so my recliner is sadly out as an option 🫠

@lishanaidoo That's why the tray is clutch. I didn't really have much on it besides my laptop and I kept my phone to the side of the tub. I would just run the hot water every so often. It was more warm than hot, like a pool.

@lishanaidoo I worked on my laptop on the couch. I had a lap desk like this. I'd put my feet up on the coffee table, get all settled in with pillows to be as comfy as possible. I worked until the day before they were born at 35+2.

@lishanaidoo Nope, I sat it in front of my bump. The one I have has like a curved front edge so it nestles up nicely against your belly. I used my pregnancy pillow with the couch pillows to prop up on. It worked as well as could manage. I'd also lay on the couch with my laptop on the coffee table if I was in a meeting or something where I just had to listen and not really look at the screen 😂

@lishanaidoo A wireless mouse an keyboard if you don’t have one already and a larger screen you can plug into your laptop to use. My wife worked for part of the day but had a very comfy chair that she adjusted often as needed.

Back