He’s asleep before 7…

@shoemaker Hey, if he does have a snack in the middle of the night or middle of his sleep whichever, what do you do about his teeth? Brush them again, or not worry?

@shoemaker Nice!!!!! Love the 'doing nothing' nights.

My 5 yo naps in daycare, and insists that he has plenty of energy to sTaY uP aT nIgHt... send help... lol...

@shoemaker Currently lying on the floor next to my daughter's bed, waiting for her to fall asleep. I've sang her about 50 songs and she's still wide awake.
It has been well over an hour since I put her to bed.

@shoemaker My daughter fell asleep on the couch Sunday night at 7:00 after loudly proclaiming “I’m! not! going! to bed!” Thought we were off scot free and then she woke up at 10:30 demanding to come down stairs for a snack. Took two hours to get her back to sleep. 😭

First and last time I will be lulled into a false sense of security.

@shoemaker Same. Except that’s my 2.5 year olds bed time (he refuses to nap). Relax? No. Nursing school finals tomorrow. I always study after he goes to bed. After tomorrow. I get two months off..from school.

@shoemaker 730 was bedtime here but he started waking up at 5 am. So we pushed it back by a half hour and now it’s anyone’s guess what time he’ll wake up … 430, 6, 8…..

@shoemaker Snacks after dinner are a no no here. Just feeding bad habits.. Rule in the house is last meal is dinner. If there's no desert, it's the last thing you eat 😉.

@ammer212 I thought I’d have the same stance too, but there will always be a drawer of healthy snacks available in this house. 1.) Food related related insecurities due to trauma prior to adoption. 2.) He’s a very active, growing 3 year old. 3.) No food after dinner would mean 12+ hours without food. Even without his past, that’s too long. 4.) I have the rest of the day to reinforce positive habits/relationships with food and diet. He’s tired and hungry? He gets a snack.

@shoemaker I should mention we eat dinner at 7pm and bedtime is 8 due to our work schedule. I understand if we ate at 5 and kiddo wanted a healthy snack around 730 or something. But still, mealtime is mealtime. And dinner is always healthy, if they choose not to eat dinner because they will fallback on a snack, that's not up my alley.

@shoemaker My 15m sleeps 12 hours with bed sharing and 2 hours contact napping BUT while I am nap trapped I get in a good 2 hours of the new Zelda game sooooo I’m not complaining lol