Having a little girl- I think this is going to be a learning curve!

@jb21 I agree with NotTobyFromHR. My son is 16 months old and has a boy cousin a day apart. Already their behavior is a lot different because my b/SIL don’t have the same boundaries and allow him to just be more physical. They say “he’s just more physical with his love” which is bullshit IMO. Kids are all physical and you have to teach them boundaries. Versus we step in and tell our son to wait or be gentle and show him these things. I think it’s the same for girls. If you’re over the top with “be nice” or playing with certain gender specific toys, they will go toward those items. I was a huge tomboy growing up and did everything all my big cousins, neighbors, and brother did mostly because I didn’t have any girl friends in the neighborhood and my mom was more into letting me find my own fun.

I feel like it’s huge for girls to have dads that are open, they listen, and they help them with the girly things they may need help with. My dad was great and never made me feel embarrassed and just “matter of fact” helped me learn things. He grew up on a farm so he actually taught me to braid because he used to braid horse’s hair etc...

@jb21 My oldest is a boy and my youngest is a girl, 2yr and 3 mo respectively.
Post bowel movement genital cleaning can be uncomfortable but it’s necessary.
Otherwise at this age nothing is different enough to matter. Didn’t have to debate circumcision

@jb21 There isn't much difference, just go with whatever the kid enjoys, and join in the fun.

For her hair, thats easy! If she wants to have long hair, buy a detangling hair brush, and a spray bottle to put a conditioner/water mixture in for tricky tangles, and work your way from the bottom of the head to the top, in inch long sections (combing down obv.). Also, use conditioner and friction to wash her head and scalp rather than shampoo unless it's really gross, shampoo will dry it out and make it tangle more. Plaits before bed also will help reduce the knots.

Back