Growth scan ultrasound - 36 weeks measuring small

@fictitiousdinosaur I was about 37 weeks along and they said she was in the 16th percentile - clearly she was not šŸ˜‚ from my understanding the percentile is no indication of health. In knowing that, I was looking forward to having a smaller baby because giving birth to a large baby scared me.

@fictitiousdinosaur I never got all those numbers, I just went in for an ultrasound and they gave me her percentile number. I initially panicked and the tech told me that whatever percentile your baby falls under isnā€™t an indication or abnormality - it just means that overall, compared to all the babies that have been born, thatā€™s where my baby fell. Itā€™s just a number of statistics that are generally not accurate. I put it out of my mind at that point and channeled my ā€œzen,ā€ as I put it. As long as your providers arenā€™t making a big deal of it, donā€™t sweat it. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s a law that if they see something off or abnormal they need to tell you. Have you had your apt and did you get any peace of mind? šŸ™šŸ¼

@fictitiousdinosaur My baby was kissing the 10th percentile from 20 weeks on. All of her long bones were measuring short ( 0 % ) which I was concerned about, but my doctor was not. She was just small! Born at 37 weeks 5lbs 8oz. She just turned one year and is about the 50th percentile for length and 30th for weight. Tracking her growth curve beautifully. Some people just make small babies!

@fictitiousdinosaur I had a 36 week growth scan yesterday and an OB visit today- like you my baby is very small. Very weird to hear, as I was a huge baby.

My OB said there wasn't anything to worry about- baby sizes come on a bell curve, so for all the really big babies, you get really small ones too. She said it can also come down to genetics, and that it's nothing to do with food consumption or whatever.