Genetic Testing anxiety

@micah1 We found out 2 days after my 40th birthday that we were expecting! It was planned, but still a huge surprise and a roller-coaster of emotions so far. My brother has Down syndrome so I was heavily anxious about genetic testing, and I had 2 NIPTS come back inconclusive (likely due to a few factors, age, bmi, the fact that I'm on a baby aspirin to prevent pre eclampsia). The issue seemed to be they were drawing with a butterfly needle, so my suggestion is to make sure they use a regular needle!! My third draw was done with a regular needle and a different lab (Labcorp vs Natera doe the 2 failed ones). Babygirl is healthy and plugging along, we're at 21 weeks tomorrow! She's stubborn and won't let us see her heart fully, so I have more scans scheduled because of that, but the obgyn said it's nothing to worry about at this point, they're just waiting for her to get bigger so they have more to image. She has my lips and nose, and her daddy's toes. Many hugs, and this community has been so helpful whenever my anxiety spikes.

@micah1 I was the exact same last week. 39. A challenging journey to get here, lots of loss and this is ivf, but a non tested embryo as we put it in fresh. Guess what? All is fine!! One of the happiest days of my life yesterday. With all the anxiety, the good news is especially amazing. The odds are in your favour.

Back