FTM - Nursery Questions

@reekypear
For context, we live in a 450 sq ft apartment

Take this with a grain of salt because I didn't have the space constraint you have. What I did find true is that all the advice on registry items was helpful to a point but your baby and your needs will be unique so don't feel afraid to try stuff or get rid of stuff that is recommended.

For changing station -- as long as you have some sort of pad, you can just have it on the dresser. We had a silicone changing pad that was shaped like a peanut but I'm unsure of the brand. It was easy to clean since it was silicone and you could just wipe it down with a clorox wipe if there were any spills.

For reclining couch versus glider chair -- I really like the gliders that swivel. Not every baby will want to be rocked, a lot of the times they actually like being swayed. Having the full range of motion was nice -- and some of the glider chairs can have an ottomon to prop your feet up and be in more of a lounge position.

For stroller, having a stroller that connects to the car seat is super nice. My baby is 7 months old now and we still use the stroller that has a carseat attachment. She's about to outgrow it but it's come in handy. With that said -- we didn't really go out of the house a ton until she was 3 months old.

The first few months, they truly do eat, sleep, poop, eat, sleep, poop, in endless cycles and their awake/alert time isn't very long.

@reekypear I'd definitely say go straight to crib. I do wish we'd had a bassinet attachment for the stroller so that one looks pretty nice! Changing in the crib is hard on the back. We have a changing pad, the skip hop one, on baby's dresser and it works great. I definitely am grateful we splurged on a reclining glider. It makes a world of difference to have a comfortable chair for middle of the night feeds and middle of the night parties where you're just hoping baby will go to sleep. We splurged on a chair from Pottery Barn Kids knowing that we'd plan to move it into our livingroom down the road but there are more affordable options.