Easy activities that I can do with my 3.5 yo

manishk012

I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant and am having a hard time actually wanting to get down on the floor and play with my daughter. Usually I take her out in the morning and afternoon to a park because she is a very active girl but I was tired of doing this even before I got pregnant because there's never any other kids at the various parks that we go to during the day.

If we are at home we will usually play with her toys together, read, play with kinetic sand and play dough etc. She seems to have grown out of the toddler type activities that you see on Instagram. Even though I really don't want to at the moment, I will get down on the floor and play with her because I love her and it's my job but I'm tired of doing the same old stuff!

So I'm asking if there are any toys or activities that I can look in to getting or setting up please that will keep her busy for more than a minute!

She goes to preschool for 10.5 hrs a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday for 3.5 hrs a time and we will have the occasional play date (I'm working on making more mum friends!)

@saltlamp They can get pretty pricey but they are favorite toys for my oldest son (who is now 7) and my twins (3.5). We started getting them when my oldest was about 2 and he has consistently played with them since, and my twins love them as well. They are also easy to clean up and mess free, they are creative, and I think most adults will enjoy playing with them as well. They are also an EXCELLENT gift for relatives who maybe have more money than sense - its easy to mix and match sets so anyone can buy your kids more without worrying about them already having them.

My only gripe is that 1) they are pretty expensive, and 2) the kids always fight over who gets to use which ones and how many.

@katrina2017 We have both "brand" and several "off brand" sets and they all work well together! They "brand" ones have slightly stronger magnets in them, as far as I can tell, but the kids can't seem to tell the difference. That is part of why I like them - it doesn't really matter what set someone buys, they call go into the same box and build the same collection.

@saltlamp We got ours when kid #1 was a year old... he's now 10.5 and they are still in good shape and get near daily play (7yo sibling.)

I say this because they are pricy, but worth the cost. Serious r/buyitforlife toy.