Don’t know what I’m doing

@romanseight2005 It's really learn-as-you-go, you don't have to know everything right away! Microfiber or pocket diapers have never been great for us. I don't like that you can only use the pocket once before needing to wash, whereas plain covers can be used multiple times before needing a wash. Also the microfiber inserts don't last long at all. When my first was little and got into more of a routine, I'd put a pocket on her if it was around time for her to poop. But for pee, they're not very absorbent at all, and I've also heard others say that as they get a bit older and their bladder volume increases, they pee more at one time and the pee doesn't absorb quickly enough into microfiber, so they leak because of that as well. You CAN get bamboo or cotton inserts for your pockets, or you can fold up flour sack towels or cotton prefolds. They'll have more absorbency, and that way you won't have to give up all your pockets!

@glowing Microfiber absorbs quickly, but fluid gets squeezed out of it really easily when bub sits or rolls around. I dislike them because no matter what you do they eventually start to stink, even if your wash routine is on point.

@romanseight2005 Yep, agree with the other commenters. It’s the microfibre. I had a ton that originally came with my pockets and they haven’t seen the light of day in months. To stuff my pockets, I use medium GMD and Rearz prefolds, and Thirsties inserts. My baby is a year old and this set up has worked for a while. When she was tiny, I used small prefolds which worked well with the rise fully snapped up to the smallest setting. Good luck, you’ve got this. It’s all trial and error for everyone in the beginning!

@romanseight2005 Yes we all do this with microfibre - you learn how much it sucks aaaaaafter you start cloth diapering! And then you rebuy your insert stash is something much more wonderful! (I’m a cotton flat lover - suuuper cheap and they take no time at all to dry so I feel like I’m saving energy along with environment!)