dad’s review of new Barbie movie

@hemispheres You also by your own admittance saw the rating, and didn't think 'maybe there is a reason its rated that way' and instead just took your kids anyway. It's irresponsible. And I hope this was a lesson for next time.

I didn’t blame anyone. No one tricked me. I saw this very playful trailer and a very silly ad for car insurance.

I mean, that sounds like you are saying they tricked me

@nataliediana2012 I posted to be helpful to the next busy dad, and mission accomplished. My kids weren’t scarred emotionally or anything. It was a waste of our entertainment budget at their age.

There are PG-13 movies my kids can handle. The Marvel and Harry Potter movies are examples. I went in knowing the Barbie movie had no bad language, sex, or violence.

Ads were all over my 7 year old’s feed here in Texas. It was presented to my daughter/family more like Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure. There are also some very silly Progressive ads.

Margot Robbie said it would be loved by very young girls.

So, yes, after being prompted to contemplate blame I’d say some movie exec wanted my 7 year old in Texas to be pumped about the movie and they succeeded.

@hemispheres Despite laughing at quite a few of the jokes. i found it very sexist. The big message "all men are scummy dumb violent perverts" was loud and clear. - edit , if you are going to keep downvoting me please only do so if you have actually seen the movie and disagree and not just because you dont like what i said.