Coparent’s new GF is vulgar

jham123

My coparent let me know he’s been dating a girl for 8 months, because he wants it to go smooth for our son. Our son is 4. I asked for her name to do a background check (he is naive and I don’t trust his judgement). I found 5 criminal charges I didn’t like (nothing violent) and I checked her out on social media. She has lots of pictures of her self with extremely vulgar hashtags, throwing the middle finger in her pictures, captions like “I don’t give a **** what anyone thinks of me” etc. and seems to be proud she’s the “disappointment of her family”. What’s your opinion on this? She has not met my son yet and I made it clear I want to meet her before she’s around my son. Can anyone make me feel better about this? Suggestions?

@jham123 Your kid isn't on social media (or shouldn't be) so what she does with her online presence is irrelevant. Not to mention, the image people share online isn't always 100% accurate.

@jham123 Now that you are divorced (not pre-filing, not separated) and he waited a very reasonable amount of time to make sure his relationship might be serious, mind your own business. He did you a courtesy to tell you.

Back