condom broke and he came inside me, and i took a plan B an hour after. Next day the tip of the condom came out of me... what do i do?

jalin

Should I take another plan B? he came inside me and i peed and washed off everything from my body and then got a plan B an hour after everything happened... but the next day the tip of the condom came out of me... i am really worried and this is the first time this happened please help. thank you everything

Update: not pregnant! also ty to everyone who helped and scolded me lol. ty for teaching a little more abt sex

@jalin No, you don’t need another Plan B pill. The sperm is all from the same sexual encounter, and thus have the same life expectancy of up to five days. So even if there was some sperm remaining in the tip of the condom that came out, and it made itself inside the cervix it wouldn’t live any longer than the sperm that made its way inside the previous day when the condom broke. Plan B does not work on the sperm itself, but works by delaying when your body ovulates. If, for instance, you’d had sex another time today and he had come inside of you - that would warrant another Plan B. That would be two separate sexual encounters with two sets of sperm with different life expectancies.

Might I also suggest checking the condoms that you are using. Condoms shouldn’t usually break when used properly. They may be expired, or they may not be a great fit for your partner.

@jalin I personally don’t think it would be necessary as plan b works by delaying ovulation and I think that all the semen that would go inside of you would go inside initially when the condom broke. Unless it was a huge piece of the tip that could potentially hold a bunch of semen I would think it’s unlikely that you’d be exposed to more semen. The point of the plan b is to delay ovulation until after the life of the sperm. Sperm can live a max of 5 days inside you regardless of if it was in the condom or not. So the sperm that was initially ejaculated into you and the sperm that the tip of the condom potentially held is going to be dead by the same time. Ultimately it’s up to you but you could also ask your gyno what they recommend

@jameslog Thank you so much, I will be taking a plan b just to be safe. I have never been to a gynecologist and I don’t know when I could go because I am busy with work… but really thank you for ur insight and I appreciate your help as someone who is experiencing this for the first time and is really scared

@jalin Just a heads up, the hormones trigger bleeding and nausea can also be a side effect of plan B. Can’t remember all the side effects of plan B at the moment.
Wanted to give you a heads up because people usually freak out about implantation bleeding once they experience the bleeding due to plan B. If you really took two plan Bs (unnecessary to take two imo), then also know that your next cycle will be thrown off most likely (if your cycle tends to be regular).