Complete placenta previa at 20 w ultrasound

@ridley12 I had this same diagnosis at my 20w ultrasound. I’m so sorry you are having to deal with this. Hopefully you can have extra monitoring and care as things progress.

I ended up having a c section but it helped me so much to mentally prepare and educate myself (for all scenarios). When the day came (semi urgent) it was still a very positive experience.

Hang in there and take it as easy as you can. Sending good vibes ✨✨✨

@ridley12 My SIL had placenta previa among many other pregnancy related issues while pregnant. She had to have a c section at 30 weeks! Her baby girl is now just over 1 year old and thriving. C section was the safest option for her and baby from the start.

I know it's scary but please keep at the forefront of your mind how amazing modern medicine and technology is, do as doctor advises, go with the flow and when you feel intrusive negative thoughts arising, remind yourself to change them in to positives.

You have a wonderful baby growing in your stomach, eat lots of foods good for the baby, talk to them, remember how advanced medically everything is now. Use your best rest time to get some much needed relaxation before baby comes, watch all the series you could want and enjoy this wonderful time you have to yourself and try to relax!!

@ridley12 Hi! I am currently sitting at 34+5 still with a complete placenta previa that hasn't moved since I had it diagnosed IVO my 20 week ultrasound. There's been a lot of great advice thrown around in this post already, but, if you haven't yet, make sure you talk to whoever your support person is, whether that's a spouse, parent, friend, etc., about what could happen with placenta previa (ie: the bleeding, early c-section, etc.). I recently had my first bleed 4 days ago and have been in the hospital ever since for monitoring - caveat, baby and I are totally fine - and knowing what to do and when made the whole experience much smoother and much less chaotic as we had prepared for it.

I know the no sex/lim exercise/etc sucks, but keep at it!! Hopefully yours resolves since it is so early :) But be happy they are tracking your risk! You'll get to see bb bean more often, which is always a nice feeling. Please let me know if you want to talk or have any questions!!

@tylerdurdon Thank you for sharing, comment pike yours give me hope. I am having follow up scan every 3 weeks. Next one is this friday.
My SO is very involved and we’ve been getting ready for a c-section. I started really focusing on getting things ready.

Back