Close Before You Doze!

@blacksheep78 Oil filled heaters work great. They have a tip over feature that if they get tipped over it shuts off. They put out a fair amount of heat even on a lower setting.

@twofebboys Sounds like they should look at what’s wrong with their heating system. Lots of older homes do t have this problem and it’s best for our planet if we invest in maintaining what’s already built.

@bel13 There’s these great kid knob things they make that prevent kids from opening the door but without having to use a lock. Our kid hasn’t figure his out and he has defeated every other form of childproofing imaginable.

@adrienne I've definitely had toddlers pull those off before it was safe to have them wandering the house unfortunately. Our current apartment has lever door handles that I've never found one for.

Edited to add: I also don't see how these or baby gates, both of which are commonly recommended by the people who are against locking the door, are any different than just locking the door.

@bel13 In case of an emergency, emergency personally can easily access a kid in a crib....a kid inside a locked room? Not as easy or quick. You're really pushing for locked doors on kids bedrooms to be acceptable 🙃

@bel13 Locking a child in their room is a terrible look. If a CPS case worker saw a lock on the outside of a child’s bedroom door it would spike major concerns.