Can I sanitize diapers by running a cycle with bleach?

miminonoko

I need to sanitize some secondhand diapers, and I’d like to not deal with soaking them in my bathtub if I can avoid it. I have an hE front loading washer (GFW450SSMWW). Can I just add 1/3 cup of bleach to the bleach dispenser and run a long cycle with hot water? I read the FLU instructions but I didn’t really understand if a soak was necessary. Anything else I need to do or know? Do I need to run a second cycle with just water to rinse?

@miminonoko Is there something that can be used besides bleach? My husband banned me from bleach after quite a few mishaps including carpet in a rental we were moving out of. I even double bagged the bleach but somehow it still leaked all over the carpet in the living room 😒

@miminonoko We do a bleach load about every 5th or load because I find that eventually there are stains. So I really do support the use of bleach. Also with us using cloth wipes it just seems really strange to never bleach them. I'm sure our diapers will start to wear out quicker than others but it's worth it to me to know that they are sanitized every so often.