Can’t help but laugh

msmia

So my children’s father is notorious for not ever having anything that fits our children..barely ever takes them shopping whatever I get it dads don’t love that kind of stuff typically. I try to not let it bother me even if it bothers our kids because it’s not my house. Well recently I took our kids shopping for new shoes & clothes. Which to my surprise prompted him to do the same thing. Our oldest picked out a pair of Nikes at famous footwear & as far as I knew loved them because like I said..she picked them out. Tonight step mom texts me telling me that kids in middle school are mean followed up by telling me they took the kids shopping but that kids were picking on her for her “fake” Nikes. I assumed she was talking about whatever they bought cause I know hers aren’t so I was l was like why do kids have to be so mean whatever. She said so don’t be offended if she doesn’t wear them. That they taught her how to spot the real from the fake. I said she has other Nikes from famous footwear and we didn’t have this problem so I don’t know. I just can’t help but feel like she was trying to like insult what I bought for our daughter….like what is the purpose of this. Our daughter didn’t say one word to me after wearing the shoes to school she even wore them this last Friday to Disney this is the first I’m hearing this and don’t know if I should ask my daughter if I should return the shoes

@msmia Take it with a grain of salt, your children are always the best voice in the situation. I personally always take things that aren't very serious between me and my coparents love affair on the chin. Her word is irrelevant only the mother of my child and my child get real weight.

@msmia Guarantee step-mom is lying. Ask your daughter directly if the kids at school mocked her shoes or called them fakes. Then ask if dad or step-mom called them fakes. The "she got made fun of at school" bit is almost definitely made up - they want you to feel bad for SUPPOSEDLY getting your child laughed at, when really it's them who said something.

@msmia I would definitely just ask your daughter and have a heart to heart about it. My step son who’s 5, his father plants things in his head that SS would never have said. Like completely out of the blue. It’s sort of a manipulation tactic. Not saying that’s what’s happening but id just tell her she won’t hurt your feelings if she doesn’t like them and you don’t want her to wear something she doesn’t like if that’s actually the case

@gustavowoltmann I am sure when I ask her about it tomorrow she will tell me that dad and step mom told her they were fake because they aren’t directly from the Nike store because these types of things have happened before where step mom will tell me our daughter said it then when I ask her about it she looks at me like wait what that’s not what happened... I was just so confused by this because she picked them out..she has other Nikes from famous footwear and never once said to me that people thought they were fake. It feels as though it’s one of those things where step mom and dad are trying to “one up” me. “We showed her how to spot the fake from the real ones” like…okay? It’s all just to make me feel less than and use our child in the process

@msmia It’s so sad to make a kid almost like a pawn. Like just let them be kids they’ll have enough to worry about when they get older. Talk about an ego trip. It irks me to the bone when my SS comes home with some nonsense. Hurts my heart. I feel for you fam

Back