Both of us work, but we have no after school childcare. How do you guys do it?

@tomm1 She teaches high school chemistry in a different school district (30 min commute) that pays better than where we live and has childcare for the toddler that's about half as much as the daycares where we live ($1k/mo vs $2+k/mo). Our school system is way better, the town is much nicer, and it's where I work. We're hoping she can eventually work in this school district, even though the pay is worse (everyone wants to live here so they don't need to offer competitive pay).

@amyers3 Do they have a school bus?

Last year when my daughter was in Pre K I had her take the bus to and from school even though we only lived 11 minutes from the school, because the extra hour on the bus in the mornings and afternoons allowed me to work a full day from 7-3 if I didn’t take a lunch. Not great but the school bus is free and my daughter liked it.

@vierentwintig Man, I would be so grateful if we had a school bus. We have 7 elementary schools, 4 junior highs, and 3 high schools in this town but no bus service. There's bus service for the people who were smart enough to live one town over where it's somewhat cheaper but still send their kids to the nicer schools, but not for the folks that live here. Bus service would be a game changer.