Book recommendation

daphnia

Does anyone know of an appropriate book for 1.5 old that has a theme of mommy leaving but coming back. Recently my daughter is going through separation anxiety any time I need to run a quick errand and can’t bring her. I never ‘sneak out’ I always tell her mommy will be back (x,y,z). I only leave her with her dad so it’s not a stranger issue. she absolutely loves to read so a book would be best but even a show that helps them understand the concept might be another option. Thank you

@daphnia There is a good episode from Daniel tiger about grown-ups coming back. It has a cute little song that goes with it. We went to a local pbs event in our area and they gave out a copy of this story in book form but I'm not sure if you can buy it or not.

@daphnia Shes a bit young for it, but when shes older, and in case anyone else with older kids is reading, The Invisible String by Patrice Karst has been great for my daughter, since the age of 3 or so.

@ema20 Came here to say this :)

Llama Llama Red Pajama may also help :)

This being said, it’s very possible this is just a normal developmental phase. My son used to do the same. I kept on running our for errands or whatever, kept on telling him I’m going and when I’ll be back, and then my husband would honour his feeling when he was upset (“you’re upset mommy left, that’s alright, it’s normal” etc). It all just went away at some point. I ran off to do some errands yesterday and left him to play with his grandma (whom he doesn’t see that often) and he barely looked in my direction when I told him I’m leaving. 1 yr 9 months old currently.