Bob jogger for everyday stroller???

@christiancountrygal Let me just tell you the most important features for an infant travel system.
1. Car seat “basket” not heavy & easily clicks into car. The baby grows! Lugging those on your arm gets sooo heavy and having to arrange it perfectly to get in the car is that much harder. For this reason, we loved the Chicco Keyfit infant car seat with my first.
  1. Stroller pops up and contracts easily with one hand. Running errands by yourself this will become absolutely essential. I had the chicco bravo with my first(nice but wouldn’t buy again), but as she got bigger love the city mini! We still use it now at 2.5 years old. It’s so light and easy.
And yes, the convertible car seats when they get bigger are so much more worth the money. Also, Facebook matketplace has an unlimited supply of strollers! This is how I’ve gotten to try the 4 that we’ve had. Lol city mini is my favorite for everyday use, the mountain buggy is my favorite for running / more outdoors terrain.

@christiancountrygal The Bob is the one I use more than any other stroller I have - for walks around the neighborhood or if I’m going somewhere deliberately to walk, it’s a no brainer. That said it’s definitely heavier / bulkier / bigger than most strollers...it takes up a lot of trunk space in the car (doesn’t fold as flat as a lot of the other options), and is heavy and annoying to have to unload and reload from the car constantly.

I’m now in the world of double strollers and that’s a whole different beast, but when I had my first baby and was wanting to just pop into a store or something quickly but not need to take her out of her carseat, the BOB would never be my first options. It’s BIG and feels kind of in the way indoors no matter what you do.

Hm so I guess my real answer is: for outdoor use, BOB all the way. For indoor use (errands, groceries etc) it’s not the best choice...but if it’s the only one you have you'll make it work!

@christiancountrygal I’m not a big runner so I won’t contribute to the stroller issue, but I will say that by 8 months we moved my son to his convertible car seat. He still had a little room to grow in the infant one but it was getting to be so heavy with him plus the car seat that it just wasn’t worth the hassle. So your moms point might have some merit? Beyond that though, I really can’t contribute much!

@christiancountrygal You’ve gotten lots of good comments so I’m not even sure why I’m adding my $0.02, but here ya go: we use our BOB as our everyday, and I love it. Why? We could not push a stroller without air tires on our sidewalks/roads because they are too shitty (ironic bc we are in a very walkable area). We have a small garage to store it in. We can walk directly from our house to most places and almost never have to put it in the car. When we do have to put it into he car, we have an SUV with a large trunk.

Kiddo stopped riding in it much at 2; she much prefers her balance bike. We’re expecting our second and don’t plan to bother with a double stroller. I’ll mostly wear the infant for the first ~6 months and then he can ride in the stroller and/or we’re looking at one of those wagons that handle like a stroller.

Ultimately it’s up to you! Love the BOB but it can’t be folded one handed and it is kinda big/heavy, so it really depends on how you’ll use it.

@babaamoon13 That’s what I’m planning to use. How well does the stroller handle on things like crushed gravel/smooth dirt paths (not rugged trails)? I didn’t expect it to work for running.

@intel2 It works on gravel & dirt paths for walking - we even pushed it through slushy snowy gravel and it handled fine. It just doesn't have the big tires of a regular jogging stroller so if you're going to run it's gotta be paved. Worth it for size, imo. We use it in a busy tourist town so we didn't want anything bulky.

@christiancountrygal We use our Bob for an everyday stroller. At first we used it with the Britax BSafe Ultra, but honestly, my baby grew fast and it was hard for me to get the baby AND the bucket seat in and out of the car. I am short and I have an SUV, it's been a long time, I forget exactly why I had trouble. I think we switched to a rear facing convertible (Graco 4 ever) at like 3 months?

We like our Bob for walking around the neighborhood as there has been various construction and stuff and we sometimes have to "off-road" down a curb with baby. I haven't jogged with it as much as I wanted but I used to walk the dog and hold the stroller with one hand as it is so easy to steer. I take my kid to the Zoo 3x a month (mostly by myself,) and I always use it. We got a Bob with a handlebar that adjusts and I love it because sometimes my kid wants to push her own stroller (even though she can't see over the top) but it is also nice because my husband is super tall and I am only 5'2".

I am now VERY pregnant with #2 and I'm still using our Bob. I have no problem folding it or unfolding it and putting it and out of my trunk. Our plan for the 2nd is to baby wear the little one and let toddler use the stroller. Eventually moving to the toddler walking all the time and the baby in the stroller. If this doesn't work I will investigate double strollers or hope to get one used.

I got our Bob barely used from someone who got 2 as a gift, so they sold one at like 50 under retail. If you can find a used one they really keep up great. My friend got her double bob used as well.

We mostly only have the Bob because my husband didnt want 2 strollers, so I said jogging stroller or bust. Although we did get 1 umbrella stroller that we never use, it is just too short for us both. The grandparents prefer my Bob to their other grandkids normal stroller but I don't know what theirs is. They watch them 2x a month so it is not a familiarity issue.

I don't have experience with normal strollers, but I used to work with new moms and for our groups you would have half bring their kids inside the building in a jogging stroller, and the other half had normal ones. So really it is up to you!

@christiancountrygal My husband and I are in the same spot as you! Active lifestyle, and we plan on baby wearing whenever we can. For those times we need a stroller during those first 6ish months, we got the Guava Roam Crossover Jogging Stroller with nuna car seat attachment! Specifically because we know we’ll be using a jogging stroller all the time once she’s big enough, it folds very easily and compactly, and we have terrain around our area that could use the bigger wheels. May be worth looking into!

@christiancountrygal This was a struggle for us as well. I was originally thinking travel system with 4 wheel stroller as it is less bulkier, easier to maneuver etc. We live on a dirt road and the jogging stroller seems smoother, even for rough pavement etc. I have no intention of "jogging" but will frequently do hikes etc. I ended up getting the Graco Jogger 2.0 with infant car seat. Living in Canada and due in October I really don't want to be moving the baby in and out of the car seat during bad weather. I also love that you can take the toddler seat out and use the infant car seat with the frame to make it less bulky.

@christiancountrygal We did a Bob stroller as our only stroller 3 1/2 years ago. It has been perfect and we haven’t regretted it for a moment. They sell an adapter for graco and chico car seats so you can still use it like a travel system. I also had a soft baby wrap for things like going into the store when I didn’t want to bring the full stroller. It’s super comfortable to push on all surfaces.

@christiancountrygal We did the doona and the Bob, with the Bob kicking in at the 6 month mark. I love the Bob but would hate to use it full time because it’s so big! That being said I’m pretty short and my husband is 5’8”, wouldn’t recommend the Doona for anyone taller. I didn’t mind having multiple tools for multiple uses in the case it’s been worth it

@christiancountrygal Wow reading your post is like reading my own thoughts over the past six months. To make a long story of our decision very short, I decided to invest in a really good and practical everyday stroller that had the features I really wanted for a newborn (bassinet, rubber but non-inflatable tires, manoeuvrable, foldable, accessories for bugs and rain, and compatible with the car seat I really wanted - I went with the Mockingbird) and to revisit the jogging stroller later on when baby will be the right age. I am having my baby in a few weeks, so for me jogging age also coincides with the dead of Canadian winter. I have checked on Marketplace and there are tons of Bobs available second hand.

@christiancountrygal Everyone's needs and preferences are different, but my baby is 6 weeks tomorrow and we have a (used for $100) bob stroller that's in amazing condition and came with a car seat adapter and rain screen, a (new) chicco car seat, and a lighter stroller for when she's 6+ months old. Until then, if we go someplace super tight we just use a baby carrier instead. The bob stroller lives in my trunk since we're tight on space and the garage is cigar smokey (hubs smokes out there in winter), and there's no way any baby things are going near that cigar smoke smell. We haven't had any issues with our setup yet, she's plenty comfy to carry in the wrap carrier! And the bob stroller is plenty easy to set up and collapse, even with the car seat and adapter. I'm glad we didn't go with a travel system, I wasn't a fan of the strollers. And the bob will definitely get its miles in! Even now its a very comfy ride for her because of those nice big air tires.

@christiancountrygal My husband wanted a BOB but they're sooooo expensive. We went with a Graco jogger/travel system and its amazing. It folds down and fits in the trunk of my Ford Fiesta , sure it's a little clunky but it's all terrain and cuts through the southern Ontario snow like a dream (we had a January baby).

@christiancountrygal For my first (6) I had a travel system and HATED the stroller (britax). I eventually got a cheap jogging stroller and used it exclusively. I ended up donating everything so I have to start over for this kiddo.

For this kiddo I learned from my past mistake and went with the Bumbleride (smaller than bob) Indie + Nuna Lite + adapter.

He isn't here yet, but I already know I will love this system.

FWIW- we will do a combo of baby wearing and stroller. I love the maneuverability of the jogging stroller and have no issues with it taking up more trunk space.

@christiancountrygal Thatz gonna depend on you. I use it for walks in my neighborhood and on the trails but I wouldn't want to use it in a store or in a city. I love my bob stroller, but I have an umbrella one for taking into a store or I babywear. I didn't use a travel system since I have used a convertible carseat from birth.

Also, as someone else mentioned, you can wait to buy things. I didn't buy a stroller at all until my son was almost 5 months old because that is when I needed it.

Back