Blood spotting during first 12 w

tmack2011

Hi,

I am 11 w and i suddenly observed brown spots on my under-gatment. Nothing extreme but few brown spots accompanied by no pain. This has made me quite stress. Are there any girls who had similar experiences. I know this group is for fitness and i know i should talk to the doctor but still looking for similar experiences to feel little less anxiety.

@tmack2011 I had some spotting around 9 weeks. I’m at 16 weeks now and everything is fine. It’s pretty common and can happen for a lot of reasons, it’s still good to mention at your next gyn appointment

@tmack2011 Hi! It's super common to have some spotting. I believe up to 25 percent of women have some spotting during pregnancy. If you have already had your first ultrasound and everything seemed OK, the odds of miscarriage at 11 weeks pregnancy are really, really small

@tmack2011 It's most likely completely normal and nothing to worry about. Still, I would tell your doctor. I had spotting in my first pregnancy, turned out to be BV, which was no big deal but required antibiotics. Spotting in my 2nd pregnancy was caused by subchorionic hematoma. Again, no big deal, but my activities were restricted until it went away.

@tmack2011 Definitely talk to a doctor. I had a similar experience. At 11 weeks I started bleeding (but I was gushing red blood, like toilet bowl was red, period-type bleeding). I was terrified and went to the emergency room. They said it was a good sign I wasn’t experiencing pain but they couldn’t find a cause of the bleeding. My perinatologist determined I had a polyp and placenta previa and advised me to take it easy. It cleared up after about two months and I was able to return to the gym. Only temporarily though because now I have a very short cervix and have to take it easy again until I reach full term.

@tmack2011 I had spotting with my first pregnancy, which resulted in a healthy baby. I'm experiencing it again with my second and all ultrasounds have been good. My doctor reassured me that it's very normal.

Thank you everyone for replying! Really appreciate everyone sharing their experience and helped me getting calm down. I had my first ultrasound and everything seems good for now :) so I am hopeful

Back