Baby on a budget?

@gaiealiyly I am quite minimalistic, also broke, and usually pretty frugal as well. I think the best advice I got was to buy things that that will last:

Cloth Diaper! - We use Alava baby. They are the most affordable (Amazon) for the quality and we have never had any problems with them. We only use a disposable overnight, and last time I did the math, we have saved literal HUNDREDS of dollars.

Side Car "Hack" - We bought a full-size adjustable height crib/toddler bed. We have it set up as a side-car sleeper, and will move it into babie's own room, then turn into a toddler bed. It will get years of use vs. a bassinet, crib, and toddler bed separately.

Look into minimalist baby registries. They will show you what you "need" vs. what people tell you you need. Congratulations, and good luck!

@gaiealiyly definitely check out the app letgo!! my sister used it for her pregnancy and found really expensive lightly used stuff for a quarter of the price just by setting the location to include the richer neighborhoods!

@gaiealiyly Cloth diapers - buy used and strip before using on your baby
Second hand stroller, pack n play
Breastfeeding if you are able
All car seats in US have to pass the same safety regs so don’t get too tied up in features. Plus buy a convertible and skip the infant seat will save you at least $100
Baby wear (get a used wrap) and skip the stroller until baby gets too heavy to wear.
Pretty much everything else is a want and not a need.

Back