At what age did you allow others to kiss your baby?

viri

My baby is 3 months old and it’s cold and flu season so we have a strict NO KISS policy. No cheeks, no hands, no head. Only mom & dad can kiss babe. Our parents keep talking about how they’re waiting for the day they can kiss her. Personally I’d rather them never kiss her but that would break their hearts. They’re all so set on kissing MY damn baby. eye roll

When did you let grandparents kiss your baby? 6 months? A year? I’m trying to decide when it’s appropriate.

@amanda_forjesus As someone who gets cold sores, I would hope that nobody who has a cold sore would ever attempt to kiss anybody else, especially not a baby or young child. I cover mine with a patch and feel guilty for two weeks for not being able to kiss my kids heads even

@angelk It’s the worst :( I haven’t had one yet knock on wood (she’s 19 months) I did have one pregnant and one scare. I don’t share utensils. I’m so paranoid

@urbanorbr Yeah, I feel like there's a lot of posts on here in full panic about anyone even touching their baby. Meanwhile, when I was a baby I opened my diaper and played in my own crap before my parents woke up. They still tell this story and I'm 33.

@viri I'm not sure when we allowed it, it was never a conversation where we said, now you can. We were strict on no kissing as a newborn. Now she's 18 months and her grandparents give her a kiss on the head or something while they're holding her which I'm fine with. Maybe after the 6 month jabs? No one else has ever tried to kiss her so it's not been an issue.

@viri A kiss on the head or cheek isn’t a big deal to me. I feel lucky my family loves my baby and I trust they wouldn’t if they were sick, had a cold sore, etc

@fishes Same. People tend to forget it's a human being with weak immune system, not a toy.

Besides I don't understand why anyone else but parents should kiss the baby. I never had that problem but would think is weird my aunts and uncles and grandparents were kissing me 🤷‍♀️